Yesterday was my second to last first day of school. What? Yeah, me too. I cannot believe that I’m already in my third year of college. I used to think that “time flies” was the biggest load of cliche BS in all the land, but now I’m proven wrong once more as I watch my life zooming past on this metaphorical little television in my head. Since I’ve been in back-to-college mode for awhile now IRL, the blog followed suit. There’s been advice to my freshman year self, with unexpected tidbits of wisdom and analogies to Superman. There’ve been lessons on how to do your makeup in 3 minutes or less, because applying mascara at the speed of light is always useful. There’s been a series within a series, with Part 1 of LinkedIn 101 helping you all transform your virtual professional presence.
Now, it’s time for the usual favorites to close out the month, and they’re all – you guessed it! – related to the world of university in some way or another. Because healthy chocolate recipes and truths about love and deciphering your procrastination style all count. And for all you aspiring professionals out there, creative resume examples may help you land the job, but “100 Ways to Make Today Epic” will have you re-charged and motivated when the job (or class!) gets to be a bit much. Plus, there’s everything you need to DIY college, GIF hair tutorials, how your name affects your success, and the best song to get ready to when you’re prepping for a hotter than hot (I’m talkin’ Adam Levine worthy) date.
1. Chocolate recipes that are actually good for you. And they only mention kale once. (hercampus.com)
2. If you’re like me, you try hair tutorials through pictures online and your ‘do almost never looks like the final photo at the end. GIF hair tutorials may be the answer to that. Or to just mastering a salon-style blow-out. (sanseuticals.com)
3. Sometimes, creating interactive videos or passport-style portfolios while applying to jobs is exactly the thing you need to land the dream gig. The top 10 most creative resumes of all time, according to Levo League, might help get you started. (levo.com)
4. Am I the only one who thinks this song is beyond h-o-t? Get ready for a date with this in the background and you’ve got yourself a great night.
5. I think the best advice can come from people who’ve been there done that. Even as we want to “learn for ourselves,” knowing these love truths could save a lot for everyone. (huffingtonpost.com)
6. For all you Pinaholics out there (I feel you, follow me here) and DIY junkies who are also in college…well, it’s your lucky day. This board has ideas for maxing out your dorm room or apartment, and they’re all easy peasy lemon squeezy. (pinterest.com)
7. 100 Ways to Make Today Epic. For all the times when binge-eating Chips Ahoy just won’t cut it. (stumbleupon.com)
8. Apparently, your name might end up affecting your success. Thank mom and pop for that one. But for the record, I don’t necessarily agree with all of this. Because if I did, I’d be working somewhere with the initials E.L. and Boyfriend would’ve been suspended from school a long time ago. (businessinsider.com)
9. *BONUS LINK! Because I got way too excited over this, and today feels like a great day for an odd number. Which procrastinator are you? Ten points if you’re A Cleaner, A List Maker, or A Watcher like me! (mashable.com)
What fabulous finds (college or no) did you stumble upon this month? Any tips for organization, achieving balance, finding your soul mate…it’s all welcome here. So, be sure to comment below with your own additions, or any thoughts on this month’s picks. Stay tuned for the second installment of LinkedIn 101, happening before the weekend starts, so you can end the week on a bang with your increasingly awesome LinkedIn profile.
For now, deuces augusto. You’ve been grand.