August? What? It’s like June and July were two teeeeeeeeensy specks on the calendar, and now we’re almost at back-to-college, and soon it’ll be December and that means CHRISTMAS. Now I’m getting ahead of myself.
In other news, today marked my second-to-last Friday of my internship at Burlington, which meant group strategy presentations to the exec leadership team. The most darling college recruiter of all time hooked me up with this oversized ceramic mug to celebrate my own apparent leadership skillz, so I’m on a cloud 9 of coffee right now. So. Caffeinated.
But if my words start to slur, it’s actually just because I’m in need of beauty sleep, and you’re in need of the best from the July web. Priorities, people. #fridaynight.
For any Coming Up Roses newbies, WELCOME. I’m so happy you’ve joined the fam. To bring you to speed, Links I Love happens during the last week of every month, and you’ll be getting a slue (read: 8) hotter than hot web finds. See last month’s here.
1. One of the best girls on the planet happens to blog. She also happens to be from Wyoming and has a parrot that squawks louder than I don’t even know what and she has a sweeter than sweet blog re-design launching soon. These are her rules to live by, and they’re pretty stinkin’ stellar. (tayloryates.wordpress.com)
2. Black tie affair? White tie? Cocktail? Does that mean we get free drinks? Dress code etiquette is essential, especially if you want to get invited again. (ruemag.com)
3. I went all Barefoot Contessa and made these puppies (otherwise known as Crispy Smashed Potatoes) for a Superbowl Party way back when. Classy classy classy, yummy yummy yummy. (trendland.com)
4. Sometimes, you just need some inspiration. And sometimes, you need said inspiration from the funniest people on the planet. (mashable.com)
5. This one goes out to all of you grammar gurus. Things are about to get weirdly awesome…
6. I don’t even care that we’re approaching fall fashion season because this dress. (lilyboutique.com)
7. 9 overnight beauty products for waking up flawless. Obviously all must haves. (bustle.com)
8. The best wedding photos. Maybe ever. (buzzfeed.com)
Wasn’t July fun??? I hope you had twice as much fun as I had and that you’re already stoked for August awesomeness. If you’re not, it’s ok…Scandal starts in September, and word on the street is that The Limited is coming out with an entirely Olivia Pope inspired line. Brace yourselves, Gladiators.
The happiest of day-after-birthdays to Michael. You rock every day, dude. And one day, I will get you to not be embarrassed to take a picture with me, I swear.
I’m going to get back to my latte and nap now. Peace and blessins’. Cheers for the weekend…make it a rosy one.