This post may contain affiliate links; see site footer for more details.
This post is part of a social shopper marketing insight campaign with Pollinate Media Group® and Schick, but all my opinions are my own. #pmedia #pmgschick #7dayshavechallenge #ad http://my-disclosur.es/OBsstV Join the Schick 7 Day Shave Challenge today!
Alright alright alriiiiiiiiiight, April. It’s time to get your ish together. Here’s what I’m talkin’ about:
Like…what? From 80 degrees to 43 in a week. FORTY THREE, PEOPLE. You know what that means…
It means that #NoShaveNovember has unofficially-officially been extended for half the year. Mustaches everywhere rejoice, and women too, because this means that the days of skimping on shaving are STILL upon us.
I can’t lie, I’m beginning to want to not shave simply to hold onto any ounce of natural insulation, because 43 in April feels a whole heckuvah lot colder than 43 in January. 10 more reasons why you still shouldn’t shave:
- It’s the 21st century, people. Equality…right? Men don’t have to shave their legs, so…right? Right?!
- Razor bumps are a real beotch.
- Dry shaving is also a real beotch.
- Shaving too fast and getting those little blood spots all over your legs is QUEEN BEEOTCH territory. Jinkies, can’t stand those suckers.
- Remember when Aretha sang about feeling like a Natural Woman? Obviously Aretha didn’t shave her legs. And obviously people still Respect Aretha. 😉
- If you just shave one leg, your significant other won’t necessarily notice. Just shave your “good side” leg.
- When it’s this cold outside still, I swear you step outside and instantly regain all of the hair you just shaved off, because ya need warmth. So just skip a step and help Mother Nature out.
- Honestly I don’t have time to shave because I need coffee first.
- If I am still half asleep when I get into the shower, then shaving is downright dangerous. I need more coffee before I do dangerous.
- And showers should not be dangerous.
Thank the heavens for the Schick 7 Day Shave Challenge. I partnered with Schick because my legs needed saving (and shaving), and I gave myself a week to get it together and come out on the other side with gloriously smooth, soft kickers. Between the Hydro Silk razor and Skintimate shave gel (in Island Berry Breeze, in case you were wondering), I’m pleased to announce that I no longer consider shaving a chore and am proudly wearing skirts and dresses without looking at the thermometer (LOL the weather app) first, because these legs need to be #seen.
Remember those aforementioned little blood spots that result from shaving too fast or from using crappy razors? Yeah, ain’t nobody got time for that. I spent a solid twenty minutes in my pre-Schick days trying to figure out the right tissue-to-water-to-ointment ratio to make the bleeding stop, but seemingly nothing works. Seriously, anyone solve that one yet? Oh wait, I did. With the help of Schick, of course. 😉 The ultimate product combo for legitimately silky smooth, moisturized, touchable legs: Schick Hydro Silk Razor (+ the Schick Hydro Silk Shower Hanging Refills) + Skintimate Island Berry Breeze Shave Gel + Skintimate Silky Skin Skin Therapy.
The Hydro Silk Razor is actually *moisturizing* which contributes to that oh so silky smooth factor. Shower Hanging Refills are an easy, convenient way to change your razor blade in the shower, especially when you realize mid-shave that you reaaaaaally need a new blade (guilty as charged). The Skintimate Island Berry Breeze Shave Gel is NEW and trés hydratant (that’s very moisturizing), helping you get a close, comfortable shave. My favorite part is the zero mess factor that comes with the gel territory. Skintimate Shave Gels foam into a rich lather that lets you see your shaving progress without having big glops of fluffy foam get all o’er the place. And finally, Skintimate Silky Skin SkinTherapy is designed to help replenish your skin’s natural moisture with Moroccan Oil and a blend of Vitamin E, Olive Butter, and Sunflower Seed Oil. If that ingredient concoction doesn’t make you want to just rub it all over your body right now, I don’t know what will.
Oh don’t even lie, we’re all on the same struggle bus…we all skimp on shaving when it’s pants weather. ? But I’m about to embark on the #7dayshavechallenge, because I SWEAR spring weather is about to hit us like a rock, right? Right????? Motivation = FABULOUS distressed denim from @jessleaboutique…stay tuned for more on all of the above, peeps. ♡ ♡ ♡ #pmgshick #pmedia #ad
So. Here’s why you SHOULD shave now.
- Because Lord knows it’s due time for spring.
- As the weather gets warmer, the pants get shorter. Eventually you’ve gotta shave higher than two inches about your ankles.
- Rubbing lotion onto legs that need shaving just feels like you’ve got a hedgehog for legs. Smooth is better. It’s always better.
- Lovely silky loungey clothes get stuck on stubble.
- You now have the Schick 7 Day Shave Challenge to kickstart your rear into spring-shaving mode. No excuses.
- Beyoncé shaves.
Will you take the Schick 7 Day Shave Challenge?
I now formally challenge you to the Schick 7 Day Shave Challenge – you are one week away from gorgeously fabulous legs. It’s on! Let me know if you’re participating by leaving a comment below. Bonus points for throwing in a few more reasons NOT to (or reasons to) shave. The most hilarious answer wins. 😉