Every time another monthly Links I Love rolls around, I find myself typing the same dang thing about how it feels like time is not even existent anymore and we’re just going through the motions of “months”, and really it’s a day in disguise. Pretty soon plastic Santa Clauses are gonna hit Target, and then you *know* the whirlwind is real. Without further adieu, let’s just hop right into August’s fabulous finds from the world wide web. Because they’re fabulous, and if I keep talking it’ll be the end of September up in hurrrr.
How Forever 21 became a billion dollar business, 41 things you think when watching SYTTD, some of the top makeup hacks out there, 30 tips from an under-30 CEO, what works even better than positive thinking, 13 TED talks under 3 minutes each, how entrepreneurs prioritize “me” time, and a cat in a box.
- 30 lessons from under-30 CEO, Shama Hyder (linkedin.com)
- How two penniless Korean immigrants launched a fashion empire worth billions. (AKA: The backstory of Forever 21). (nextshark.com)
- 41 thoughts you have while watching Say Yes to the Dress. (buzzfeed.com)
- What works better than positive thinking, according to NY Magazine. (nymag.com)
- Top Makeup Hacks. Photo tutorials included. (thebeautydepartment.com)
- 13 snack-size TED talks, each 3 minutes or less for inspiration that’s *instant*. (ted.com)
- I’ve never met a cat I didn’t like. And I’ve never seen a cat meet a box it didn’t like. This is no exception. (iaf.tv)
- How 7 entrepreneurs make “me” time a reality. (levo.com)
Win this jewel-toned Baublebar necklace here.
Get $5 off your choice doormat from Be There in Five here. Hint: You can customize your own mat, too! Your mantra of choice can greet you whenever you step out for power hour or come back in for the night to recharge.
& I hope you’re already halfway there today! ♡ ♡ ♡ It’s amazing the power of a welcome mat on your mood. ?? Get $5 off your own mat from @bethereinfive for ONE WEEK ONLY with code: BTI5cominguproses ?? Kate does custom mats, too, so this is literally the quintessential thing to motivate yourself with your own little mantra for whenever you leave the house! AND I hear Christmas is coming up… ?
What were your favorite finds this month on the web?
Let me know in a comment below! I’m playing comment catch-up today – because I answer all blog post comments I receive! – and I’d love to check out your link recommendations.
Now go have the best day ever.