Hey now…IT’S MY BIRTHDAY!!!! HOLLAH!!! I’m pretty friggin’ stoked. While I’m a firm believer in showering those in your life with lovelovelove as often as possible, it’s so sweet to wake up to the onslaught of messages from all of my favorite peeps all at once. For anyone/everyone who has reached out via text, call, Facebook message/post, Snapchat, Instagram, roses on my doorstep…thank you. It means the world.
Today’s post is something a lil’ different: 23 things you might not know about me (in celebration of turning 2-3…get it???). AND, be sure to check out allllll the giveaways at the end of the post! I rounded up everything you can enter to win so it’s one hub for ya, so go crazy. 😉
- I’ve played piano since I was 5 years old. And I taught piano lessons as a side gig in high school!
- I have a tattoo of a tiny cross on the inside of my left ankle to remind me to always walk with God.
- Fairly confident my shoe collection rivals that of a Kardashian. And I’m not even ashamed. I collect shoes like some folks collect cars or stamps, and I just might need a shoe garage soon.
- I know all the words to Fergalicious. Every. single. word.
- I’ve also got a thing for lipsticks, in case ya couldn’t figure that one out. 😉 The brighter and bolder, the better. Bonus points for being kiss-proof. Some all-time favorites include “Ruby Woo“, “Sigma Pink“, “Bawse“, and the “Melted” collection.
- I almost did a summer musical the summer that I met J, and he almost did a service trip to Africa. We both opted on a whim instead to do the program where we first met. #fate
- I’ve never broken a bone or had to get stitches, but did give myself a black eye once. Whoops. 😉
- If I wasn’t a full time blogger, I would be a professional gallery wall maker. I’m not the go-to for a four-course meal or for keeping house plants alive, but if ya need a gallery wall done right, I’m your girl.
- *Or pro cat adopter. I am very good at adopting cats.
- I can speak Spanish fairly well and spent a summer in college studying abroad in Alicante, Spain…which was my first time out of the USA!
- Medical things like blood make me nauseous. Full on I-will-faint-and-puke-right-there nauseous. Don’t try me. One time I also fainted in a maximum security federal prison. Long story.
- I was valedictorian of my high school class!
- In college, I sang with a kickass jazz + pop acapella group called Counterparts…which just so happens to be John Legend’s alma mater acapella group when he was a Quaker back before he was John Legend (he was John Stephens back then). 😉
- I grew up in Taylor Swift’s hometown. It’s also on the Monopoly board!
- Snack time is all the time. I’m one of those lucky ducks with a sweet tooth AND a junk food tooth. It’s a race to see whether or not I finish the pack of Oreo’s or cheese curls first.
- My mom let me play with makeup, clothes and nail polish from a super early age…look at what she started. 😉
- When I was 5-ish, I insisted on wearing my princess dress with froggy rain boots to Kindergarten. My mom let me (she’s the coolest). #STYLE
- I played a lot of sports growing up…cross country, track, basketball, swimming, volleyball, and softball.
- I don’t eat seafood. HATE the taste. I eat meat and have no issues, but for some reason seafood takes me straight to Finding Nemo and I just can’t do it. J tried to bribe me to a crabcake with a purse. I did it for the purse. And I still didn’t like it. HA.
- Favorite foods (in no particular order): Pizza, ice cream, bread, wine, Olive Garden’s salad + breadsticks, gaucamole, blueberries, dark chocolate, watermelon, nachos.
- Started walking at 9 months. Sorry, mom. 😉
- I can impersonate Miranda Sings pretty darn well. So much so that random people can call out the second I switch to my Miranda voice, even if I do so accidentally.
- I can do a LOT of accents really well, actually. It’s the theatre girl in me, I think? Miranda Sings, Bon Qui Qui, regional accents, etc.
If ya aren’t familiar with Miranda Sings, go hop on Google Images for a hot sec and lemme know how I did.
WOO! I hope ya enjoyed the more personal roundup. If you want more personal things on the blog in le future, wouldja let me know in a comment down below? I’ve gotten asked via surveys to do more “personal” stuff, but I wanna make sure it’s stuff you genuinely wanna know/care about/would find useful/interesting/helpful/fun somehow…so help a sistah out? I loveloveLOVE hearing from you, so drop me a note!
AND, you *cannot* forget to hook yo’self up with entries to all of the amaaaazing giveaways happening this week in a blur of birthday celebrations. It’s a big fat party, and you’re invited!
Aaaaaand, let’s talk about Instagram…I’m throwing a giveaway every. single. day this week for my birthday! ICYMI, you can still enter to win everything, through 3/26 (Sunday night). So enter ’em all + tag yo’ girlfraaaands…the more the merrier! I can’t WAIT to give back to ya in celebration of my big day, since y’all are such a big part of my *every* day.
DAY 1: AVEDA PRIZE PACK
(their Smooth Infusion line, + a facial at an Aveda salon!)
DAY 2: IT COSMETICS PRIZE PACK
(their Limited Edition + *Sold Out* Superhero eye palette + other Superhero goodies (including my all-time favorite mascara!)
DAY 3: ITALIAN LEATHER BAG FROM MYWALIT
(I have 4+ bags from this company and am OBSESSED – a perfect treat yo’self, and a perfect giftable!)
DAY 4: “I HEART CAFFEINE” SWEATSHIRT + $100 TO STARBUCKS
DAY 5: $200 GIFT CARD TO TULA
(One of my all-time faaaavorite skincare brands – as seen here)