This post may contain affiliate links; see site footer for more details.
Ah, Friday. You’ve been needed around these rosy parts. First thing’s first: If you haven’t seen yesterday’s Instastory chit-chat yet, head over to IG @ericaligenza, check it out, + vote at the end, wouldja? 😉 Second thing’s second: We’re going to zombie paintball tonight with my younger brother. What does that entail, you ask? I have no idea. Pray for us. Third thing’s third: It’s time for another Fifteen Favorites! You guys seemed to dig it the first time I shared a post like this, so it’s now a “series” (woo!). I’m hoping we can use it as a fun way to connect and hear YOUR favorites, too. MK? MK. 🙂
ALSO, figured this was good a time as ever to share another look from New York Fashion Week – this darling lil’ black and white striped dress! Which is currently 50% off. AND is available in all sizes. Bless up and #AddToCart.
Black and white striped dress (Currently 50% off, + available in all sizes! I have a small – it runs TTS. I wore off-shoulder for photos, but I actually like wearing the “sleeves” ON shoulder, too! It works both ways, so if you’re not a fan of the off-shoulder thing (Is it going out of style yet? Maybe? Finally? LOL), it still can work for ya!) // Black bucket bag (The ROOMIEST lil’ bag ever! This sucker holds #AllTheThings – I lovelovelove the strap situation, too. It’s such an easy bag to throw-on-and-go, and it’s made so well – super classic look that you’ll wear all season). // Tan go-go boots (from last season on ASOS) // Lipstick // Bracelet (c/o)
- Favorite TV shows – The Bachelor franchise (The Bachelor, The Bachelorette, Bachelor in Paradise), Parenthood, Breaking Bad, Shameless, This is Us, The Good Doctor
- Favorite Lip Gloss – NYX Butter Gloss (specifically, Creme Brulee, Strawberry Parfait, + Eclair), MAC Cremesheen Glass (favorite shade: Deelight), L’Oreal Infallible Pro Matte Glosses. Butter Glosses are a cult classic from the drugstore, cos they really do feel like butter on yo’ lips. They’re super creamy + very wearable for everyday. MAC’s Cremesheen is a newer find of mine, but it’s similar to the Butter Glosses in that the formula is just really rich + creamy, without being sticky. L’Oreal’s Infallible collection is a biggie for me – they’re bombdotcom. While I’d say Butter Glosses and Cremesheen Glass are a bit more on the sheer side, L’Oreal’s Infallible Pro Matte Glosses are *pigmented*. They’re like these magically creamy things with power pigment to boot. These babies are like lip stains in that the color LASTS, even after the creamy, glossier finish has worn off. Which I think is fabulous. Cos they’re not drying at ALL, but they act like your favorite matte lippy in terms of how long the color payoff sticks around. TBH, these infallible things are unicorn lippies. They feel like gloss, they stay like stain, they look like lipstick – they just do #AllTheThings. Also the Infallibles are BOGO 50% off right now AND come with a free gift, so get on that STAT.
- Favorite Thing to do for Myself – Watch YouTube beauty gurus and do my makeup, go to CorePower, play the piano. Truthfully, this one was hard for me to answer. Because I realized I don’t have too much that I intentionally do for myself regularly. #whoops. Let’s put this on the “to improve” pile and revisit later?
- Favorite Place to Shoe Shop – Burlington! I’ve gotten everything from Michael Kors winter boots on sale for under $90, to Coach sandals under $25, to $15 Calvin Klein slip-on’s and bright mint adidas kicks under $40. It’s seriously the BEST for finding your favorite brands on a whim.
- Favorite Find this Week – This obnoxiously comfy pullover. Lordy Lordy, it’s like wrapping yourself in an alpaca. It’s THAT SOFT. Comes in the grey color (which I bought), a frosty red, a blue, and then a hunter green. Another favorite find = a recipe in our cookbook binder (we keep a binder of our joint fave recipes). Y’all know I’m no Martha Stewart, so for me to be recommending a recipe as both easy + delicious is seriously saying something. Literally take chicken breasts, coat in flour, + let them simmer cook in a pan on the stovetop in a bitta butter and a lotta garlic, squirt lemon juice on when they’re just about all cooked, and then serve with sliced strawberries + parsley on top as garnishes. DEEEEELISH.
- Favorite Food – Pizza, crusty sourdough bread, chips n’ guac, cheese, cookie dough ice cream/any Halo Top ice cream, cookie dough right outta the package (you know you’ve done it, too…).
- Favorite Workout – CorePower Yoga, pilates, trampoline work. Because of what happened to me knees, I try to keep it to things that don’t directly impact the knee, but provide as much of a full-body workout as possible.
- Favorite Brand of Planner – I couldn’t get past anything but “favorite brand of cookie,” “favorite brand of ice cream” in my head, cos obviously I’m hormonal. But especially with the new year already quasi-around the corner (um, what? hello? what the actual heck?), the planner that I’ve been using for years at this point is the Purposeful Planner by Corie Clark. I use it as my “life” planner (I have another planner entirely just for le blog things), and I just lovelovelove that every day gets a big page all to itself. It’s organized by the hour, which I need desperately. P.S. Would it be helpful for you guys to see a full post all about planners/how I use mine/etc etc? Sound off in a comment below, wouldja??
- Favorite Ice Cream Flavor – Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough, Rum Raisin, or Halo Top’s Oatmeal Cookie or Birthday Cake
- Favorite Candle at Bath & Body Works – LEAVES!!! (which will be a Thing I Love for October, cos I’m oh so totally obsessed), Autumn, Sweater Weather. Clearly I’m on a fall candle kick? But if you say you’re not, you’re lying.
- Favorite Instagram Accounts to Follow – @carriebradshawlied, @colormecourtney, @thestylebungalow, @ashleybrooke, @krystin_lee, @missysueblog, @amberfillerup, @candidlychan. Carrie is just one of my favorite bloggers in general. Courtney’s feed is like a color bomb exploded everywhere, and it’s fabulous. Steph at The Style Bungalow is like this old-school Palm Beach vibe, I guess you could say? But everything she creates is like straight outta Vogue, so it’s all gorgeous + inspiring. Krystin’s feed is girly, pink, + sweet. @missysueblog is an amaaaaazing source of hair inspo. Amber Fillerup is just #goals. And @candidlychan is a newer find o’ mine that’s just got the *coolest* aesthetic goin’ on. All worth follows.
- Favorite Season – FALL. HANDS DOWN. I mean…duh. Isn’t it everyone’s?! Pumpkin spice lattes. Pumpkin spice candles. Pumpkin spice cupcakes. Pumpkin spice #AllTheThings. Bonfires. Changing leaves. Sweater weather. Hocus Pocus. Cute front porch decor. Cooler temps. Layers on layers. Dark nails. Darker lipstick. I’m giddy over here wrapped in chunky knit…
- Favorite Character – Wonder Woman. We saw the movie way too late, but it didn’t disappoint. Gal Gadot nailed the role of a fierce, loving superwoman that we can all admire. Also she’s a real life wonder woman, since she filmed that movie while five months pregnant. I’m sorry what. I can’t even do yoga with a taco baby, and she’s over here doing donkey kicks and flips through the air with a literal child in her womb. #respect
- Favorite Mascara – It Cosmetics Superhero Mascara, Covergirl Supersizer. The Superhero mascara has been my favorite since the moment I first tried it, and it’s been a must-have in my makeup bag ever since. TBH, I think I have 4 tubes on tap for as soon as my current runs out. #CantStopWontStop. It’s equal parts lengthening + volumizing and really just has a BA-BAM factor that I want in my lashes. I don’t have extensions, and I can’t use fake lashes for the LIFE of me (even tried for my wedding day and just still epicly failed). But I’m not even mad about it, cos IT’s Superhero has actual superpower over my eyelashes, I swear. And I’ve gotta say, I’m *so* impressed with Covergirl’s Supersizer. It’s actually a reaaaaally good dupe for the Superhero, just with a tad less bit thickness on each individual lash. Treat yo’self to a tube of Superhero, and then pick up a Supersizer justbecause. 😉
- Favorite Social Media Platform – Twitter. Three cheers to chronological timelines and witty 140-character-liners (soon to be 280?!? BLESS). Follow me @msericaligenza. 😉
What are some of your favorites right now? And would you rock a black and white striped dress?
Answer a few of the above in a comment down below!
P.S. ICYMI, here are 7 mistakes I made in my first year of owning a business.
P.P.S. Have ya entered to win $725 to Nordstrom yet???
Happy weekending, girlfriend!