This post may contain affiliate links; see site footer for more details.
Happy HUMP! This week has felt so nutso.
This whole summer has felt so nutso! I’ve been traveling a lot more lately, which is fabulous in so many respects, but it also means I pretty much never feel like I have my sh*t together anymore. HA COOL. A few weekends ago was Her Conference + NYC, this past weekend was The Blog Societies Conference in Chicago (+ South Carolina and Texas – didja catch that chaos on Instastories?! Long story short, my flight got cancelled. And then cancelled again. And soon a 1.5 hour flight from Philly > Chicago turned into an 18-hour adventure around half the country…), and tomorrow we jetset somewhere tropical…any guesses where?!?! 😉
With so much air time, I found myself taking all sortsa notes in my phone. While it’s not exactly the best place to get technical with blogging how-to’s or lengthy tutorials, it was definitely the perfect place to get more introspective + whip up some “personal” content (since y’all have requested that SO MUCH…and I’m over here like ALRIIIIIIIGHT I’LL LISTEN 😉 ). A few cancelled flights later and I found myself with Fifteen Favorites. (Q: Should this be a new series???? Let me know in a comment below, wouldja??)
SO, I thought it’d be fun (+ hopefully useful/valuable/interesting/helpful/etc) to share fifteen favorite things of mine right about now, and why. They’re all things I lovelovelove + would recommend to my best girlfriends…hence why I’m recommending ’em to YOU. 😉
Coral dress (40% off right now! Also comes in ivory – gorgeous for any brides-to-be. I HIGHLY recommend sizing down one size! I typically wear Smalls but grabbed an XS here, which was a grand idea since it’s definitely a bit on the looser/flowier side.) // Valentino Rockstud pump DUPES (These are 100% a favorite and have been since the moment I pulled ’em outta the box! HOW GORGEOUS ARE THEY THO!?!?! And they’re near *perfect* dupes (or duplicates/replicas/lookalikes/etc) for the famous Valentino Rockstud pump that runs at nearly $1,000. Ain’t nobody got time (or $$$) for that, so these are an absolute top notch runner up in my book! Actually, I’d recommend these OVER the real deal, cos I’m not about to let $1K shoes touch the ground. HA.) // Sunglasses (sold out, similar here, here, and here under $25! – more gorgeous sunnies here!) // More flowy coral dresses here!
- Favorite Song – “Strawberry Swing” by Frank Ocean, “Sweet Child o’ Mine” by Guns N’ Roses, “Oceans” by Hillsong United. “Strawberry Swing” is that one song I can have on loop for actual hours. Anytime I have a huge project to get done or really need to get in “flow,” I go straight for it. Coldplay did a remix of it, too, and while I still prefer Frank Ocean’s, I can also loop Coldplay’s. I have not the slightest clue why, but I friggin’ LOVELOVELOVE “Sweet Child O’ Mine.” I always have. I always will. It’s just something about it. I lovelovelove the original, remakes, everything. Can’t stop won’t stop. And then of course, “Oceans.” Beautiful song. I’ve got a gigundo sign with the lyrics in my dining room (full dining room/kitchen tour here). NBD.
- Favorite Nail Polishes – Wet n’ Wild Megalast “Wet Cement,” Essie “Ballet Slippers,” OPI “Lincoln Park After Dark,” Revlon Colorstay Gel Envy “Hold ‘Em,” Sally Hansen complete salon manicure “Water Color” (on my toes right now – perfect for summer!)
- Favorite Designer Dupes – These $113 dupes for the $995 Valentino Rockstud pumps, + this $48 dupe for the $150 Cult Gaia basket bag-of-the-season
- Favorite Find this Week – Lordy I WISH I could link these for y’all right now, cos I just about lost my ish when this happened. Quick backstory: Yesterday was rough. It was one of those one-thing-after-the-other sorta days, and I needed a BREAK. I ran out to get a quick mani in preparation for our trip tomorrow, but before that, I popped in Burlington since it’s right next door to my nail salon (convenient). I found the most *gorgeous* Coach sandals on clearance for $24.99. BUT, they were mismarked in my size section…and weren’t my size. AGAIN BUT, I had an urge to look around the other sections in case I could find my actual size. I’m looking…I’m looking…I find a slightly different color variation in the clearance section, not even marked on sale, and also not my size. But for some reason, I tried ’em on. They’re supposedly a full size less than what I typically wear. BUT THEY FIT. I basically ran to the register with those and the marked clearance pair (marked from $73 originally, to Burlington’s price of around $49, down on clearance to $24.99) to see if something wasn’t marked correctly. SURE ENOUGH, they honored the clearance price and those bad boys came home to mama. I LOVELOVELOVE moments like that. Also I love shopping. Bless up.
- Favorite Thing at Starbucks – Iced Coconutmilk Macchiato (light ice), iced unsweetened green tea with one pump of peach, Chestnut Praline latte
- Favorite Lipstick – When it comes to favorite things, lipstick is always top o’ my list. MAC Ruby Woo, MAC Velvet Teddy, Maybelline Brazen Berry, Noyah Desert Rose, Mary Kay Powerful Pink, Wet n’ Wild Sugar Plum Fairy, MAC Liptensity in Claretcast and Postmodern. If you’ve been around these rosy parts awhile now, chances are you’ve heard me fave about Ruby Woo at some point. Hands down, all time favorite red lipstick ever. EVER. Velvet Teddy is a gorgeous nude that I think is super versatile on different skin tones. Brazen Berry is my fun pop when I’m feeling sassy (it’s easier to pull off than ya think!). Desert Rose was a color I got as a sample one time (I don’t even remember where!), and fell in lovelovelove. It’s a lighter pink than what I would normally gravitate towards, but it looks *gorgeous* on bronzed skin! I ended up buying the full size cos I get compliments whenever I wear it. Powerful Pink is a new find – a very new find! But I lovelovelove the formula – super creamy – and it’s super pigmented. Wet n’ Wild’s lipsticks are such a diamond in the rough, I think. Literally…they’re, like, $2. They’re not the most hydrating on the block, but they’re pigmented, go on nicely, and last all day long. I cannot complain, yo! I have 5-6 at this point and just keep collecting ’em since they’re only 2 friggin’ bucks. Sugar Plum Fairy is my go-to for fall/winter – it’s a gorgeous, rich plum hue. And obvi I’m a total MAC girl and cannot live without MAC lipsticks. HA. I have a few of the Liptensity lipsticks and really lovelovelove everything about ’em. Claretcast and Postmodern are just two of my go-to shades!
- Favorite Item on the Brunch Menu – Champagne. HA. Really tho. 😉 I’m a sucker for good Eggs Benedict (savory) or bombdotcom French toast (sweet) – specially, the stuffed Challah French toast at Sabrina’s cafe in Philly.
- Favorite Movie – How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days, Because I Said So, Princess Diaries 2: Royal Engagement, the Harry Potter series
- Favorite Thing to Buy on Amazon – Valentino dupes, Dew Puffs (I talk about ’em in this post), Dryer Balls (so good with a drop of essential oil!), and BOOKS (some good ones: How Successful People Think, Big Magic, Wild and Free, + just ordered this one: Lies Women are Told and the truths that set them free)
- Favorite Drink at a Bar – Whiskey Sour, a Mai Tai, or a glass of Cabernet
- Favorite Drugstore Brand – L’Oreal + NYX
- Favorite Recent Purchase – I ordered this dress (I got a S) and it came in a few days ago – it. is. perfection. Especially in summertime, ain’t nobody got time for waistbands. I swear waistbands are the devil’s trickery when the temperature rises above 85. They just collect sweat, make ya uncomfortable AF, and then grouchy AF when you realize that you’re uncomfortable AF with sweat running down your legs. No bueno. So, comfy dresses rule. I swear every time I wear a cute lil’ t-shirt dress with flair, I get a compliment everywhere I go. I’m convinced it’s because they’re THE piece to make ya look like ya tried when really, ya didn’t. They’re just so throw-on-and-go. And this one in particular is SO stinkin’ flattering! It’s fitted, but it’s long – perfect for any mamas in the house needing to run around after kiddos, or cat ladies like me running around after kittens. Same thing, right? HA. 😉 I lovelovelove the little ruching detail, too. I think it’s perfect for everything from work (throw on a blazer or cardigan + your fave shoes!), to happy hour to date night. Super versatile. And when you realize how crazy versatile it really is, it makes the price 100% worth it cos your cost-per-wear will be approximately two cents. #AddToCart
- Favorite App – Planoly! It’s an app I use to plan out my Instagram feed as much as possible when I’m going for specific color coordinations and all that jazz. Also lovelovelove my Bible app; I just started a 3-day devotional called Don’t Settle for Safe, by Sarah Jakes Roberts. HIGHLY recommend.
- Favorite Sweet Treat – Homemade Rice Krispie Treats, my husband’s homemade banana bread, my Nana & Pop’s homemade pineapple squares. When all else fails, OREO THINS.
- Favorite Places to Shop – Nordstrom, ASOS (currently 70% off sale happening!!), Kate Spade, Burlington, Marshall’s, Shopbop, Target, Shein
Shop the post:
What are some of YOUR favorite things?
Do ya like this sorta post? Some super fun + exciting stuff is coming up…like my 4 YEAR BLOGIVERSARY!?! How. Time flies. OY.
ALSO ALSO, since so many of you were reaching out with Q’s about Moose (thankyouthankyouthankyou for all the sweet words) about I mentioned he’s sick, here’s the update. Basically, Moose has AIDS. Specifically, FIV, which is like kitty AIDS. He tested positive for that twice, which wasn’t necessarily why he was feeling so crappy tho – he was feeling crappy cos he had a tickborne ilness (which cats basically NEVER get), which he was only more susceptible too BECAUSE of the FIV. The vet said that him having FIV doesn’t even necessarily mean it’ll shorten his life span – it just means that his immune system is weaker and he can get sick easier than other cats, and will likely need antibiotics if/when he does catch a cold. SO. Sad, but also sorta good in a way, since it’s better than other possible diagnoses. We’re praying that he is able to live happily + pain free + just live his best life with it, and of course we can take care of him the best we can so that we lessen any risk of catching anything else along the way. So, THANKS FOR THE PRAYERS, yo! Majorly appreciated.
P.S. Don’t forget to enter to win $700 to Nordstrom here, and a CANON CAMERA here. This is actually the exact camera that I use to shoot any/all “professional” blog pictures, so for any aspiring bloggers in da house…carpe diem. 😉