This post may contain affiliate links; see site footer for more details.
Grey bodysuit (from Primark, similar here, here, and I’m obsessed with the print on this one!) // Chambray shirt (old from Urban Outfitters, similar here, here, here, and this one’s on clearance for $9.97!) // White jeans (old, have these in my shopping cart and lovelovelove these!) // Pink statement heels (sold out in pink, still available in all sizes in this gorgeous tan neutral – perfect for pairing with a more fun, bold outfit like a floral print for spring or palm leaf print for summer!) // Monogram necklace</strong> (I have the biggest size monogram on a 16″ chain) // Lipstick (Shade: “Candy Yum Yum”)
I’m seeing flowers + showers and drinks like unicorn frappuccinos are a thing, so I think it’s safe to say that spring has sprung. *Knocks on wood*. I’m a sucker for two seasons: Fall and spring. Mainly, cos of the weather (sans allergies). Secondly, cos of the fashion. Spring style lends itself to a whooooole plethora of pieces, especially when the temperature keeps fluctuating. Do we keep the wool + cashmere around a little longer? Grab a blanket while running out the door? Who knows! It’s like they say: always keep ’em guessing. 😉 When things are still a bit unpredictable, or when there are still such great shifts in the skies between 8 am and 8 pm, having a few staple pieces on hand is really clutch for ensuring you’re basically ready for anything.
I think I’ve figured out the key: having 5 wardrobe essentials.
I’ve got FIVE things/categories that I swear by no matter the season. No matter the season!
Each of these wardrobe essentials are totally versatile and can be made to suit the occasion in literally every single season, whether you live in Philadelphia or LA, Dallas or Chicago. They’re the classics in your closet that you can rely on no matter what – so mix + matchable, and *that’s* what increases the versatility factor tenfold.
So, here are 5 wardrobe essentials that I’d recommend buying right now in this season, that you can wear all year-round.
- A chambray shirt – A total staple. It literally goes with anything. Skirt, pants, shorts. Pleats, khaki, corduroy, sequins, cotton, spandex, polyester. Even denim on denim. Wear it by itself as a top, unbutton and layer it over another top (like with #4!), take it off entirely and tie it around your waist if it gets warm – options abound! If you know you’ll wear your chambray on repeat, I’d recommend splurging a little bit here – it’s worth it in your wear time. I’ve had chambray that got worn out after a season if I was wearing it every week, but my best chambray that I have still was a bit pricier purchase my freshman year of college that I still have + lovelovelove like it’s brand new today.
- White jeans – Not just for pre-Labor Day, girlfriend! Classic white denim will always be in style. I bought a pair recently with slits in the knees, and I’ve got a classic high-waisted Levi’s and some cute distressed pairs in my online cart. Easy way to still get the feel of jeans while slightly stepping it up in the style department.
- Statement heels – I’m SOOO into the statement heel it ain’t even funny. These in particular. Holy moly, can we say comfy??? I’m a big fan o’ heels already. I’m an even *bigger* fan o’ heels when I can wear ’em from 7 am to 8 pm without the urge to walk barefoot on the sidewalk instead, shoes in hand. #BeenThereDoneThat 😉 Unfortunately my pink is sold out already (cos y’all recognize cute when ya see it), but it’s in stock in a gorgeous neutral tan color that I’ll be grabbing next – perfect for pairing with a bold floral print for spring or more fun, tropical look for summer! Otherwise, how cute are these heels?!?! Mules are so in this season, so heeled mules are a safe bet currently. But strappier sandals are always in style, too! Really, when it comes to a good statement heel, the more statement the better. (Just make sure the rest of your outfit complements the statement shoe by being more subdued in color, style, texture, etc if you’re not tryna be the boldest betty on the block).
- A fitted bodysuit – Y’all, bodysuits are such style gamechangers. First off, can I get an amen for all the times we *try* to tuck something in, but we’re left feelin’ the breezes on our lower backs whenever ya sit down?? I LOVE BODYSUITS. You just snap ’em in your netherregion and VOILA. So simple. And so flattering. No unnecessary looseness, and it makes it easier to pair with flowier bottoms – especially if you’re a tinier frame – since you don’t end up drowning in fabric.
- Monogram necklace – I swear it was on my wishlist since before I knew I’d have a husband that I’d get a monogram necklace with my forever last name on it. This is what dreams are made of, peeps. 😉 I always knew I wanted a really gigundo monogram necklace, cos I’m extra like that. But really, how pretty is this?!?! I would recommend a monogram 100000%. Monograms will always be in style. They go with literally anything. You can choose your favorite metal, whether that’s yellow gold, rose gold, or silver. And they’re an instant conversation piece. I swear I get a compliment on mine every. single. time I wear it!
What are your own wardrobe essentials?
Bonus points if they’re the buy-now-in-spring-but-wear-year-round kinda essentials. 😉
P.S. I know, I know…spring shopping can get expensive when ya want #AllTheThings. How would $1,000 sound? Enter to win $1,000 to get *all* those wardrobe essentials taken care of for spring + beyond. 😉 Bless up. Happy Tuesday.