This post may contain affiliate links; see site footer for more details.
**You might’ve seen this little blog number on Shane’s blog recently. But hey – it’s Friday, and I wanted to double dip to share it with all of you, too! Cheers to the weekend.
In my year (already? Where has time gone??) In Blog Land, I’ve noticed a few things about us. We’re like these strange and exotic (albeit fabulous) creatures that populate the blogiverse with fashionably en pointe and seasonally relevant trends, spiced (and spiked, amiright?) drinks, and Instagram-worthy snapshots of our laptops and mugs with inspirational quotes. But the greatest thing? I’ve never been more ready for the holidays. The total enslaught of festive pictures, posts and wishlists gets me in the spirit and basically ready for Santa before October has even ended. A few things make it a wee bit obvious on the web when Christmas is just around the corner. (And for the record, I’m guilty of 85% of ‘em. Just 85% I swear.)
- Swirly latte pics. Honestly, I still don’t know if it’s the luck of the barista or if people sit there swirling their spoons and forming foamy little leaves and hearts in their cappuccinos. Since I’m always on the go, my in-coffee-house drinks are nonexistent. Instead, to-go cups reign (especially the red kind).
- Buffalo plaid and Hunter boots. With a fur vest over it all and a touch of statement necklace sparkle. And you obviously shot the #ootd pic from up above.
- Lots of lights. Everywhere, on everything. Taking a picture of your new Christmas decoration? Obviously you take it with your dorm room décor strategically placed in the background. Or else you’re not a blogger.
- Christmas trees. And they’re covered in lights. #lightslightslights My own Christmas tree is miniature and purple and shiny and oh so fabulous. It’s holding up its three ornaments quite nicely, too.
- Pumpkin patches. Did you even do fall if you don’t have a documented pumpkin pic somewhere? I have a Pumpkin in the family, so she counts I think.
- A PSL. If you didn’t recognize this acronym immediately (and see it coming), you might’ve been under a blogging rock.
- A SPM. That’s Skinny Peppermint Mocha. AKA, the Starbucks winter drink of choice once PSL is off the barista table.
- The aerial “these are my fuzzy socks and my coffee and my laptop” shot. Ten points for not managing to spill your coffee in the process (a talent I still lack…any pointers?). Twenty points for using wine instead.
- A gift guide. For herself, for her best friend, for her boyfriend and her mom and her economically savvy gal pal and her dog. And her dog’s best doggy friend. So many gift guides, so little time (until Christmas). Like this one, this one, and this one.
What’s the telltale sign that the holidays are here for you? Bloggers, give a hollah if you agree with my telltale signs of the holidays on the web!
In other news, I just finished my LAST final this semester (!!!!). I did a 2 hour test in 20 minutes, so this takes “for better or for worse” to a whole new level.But now, I’m FREE, sipping a Chestnut Praline Latte and thinking about how much I love this little family here at Coming Up Roses. Hoping your holiday celebrations are already well under way…the countdown begins!
P.S. Still a few spots left for the first round of NYNB VIPS…if you’re among the first 15, you’ll be getting $3 back via PayPal from us as a big fat THANK YOU and to pay for your next seasonally appropriate beverage of choice. #thankyouandyourewelcome
Confused about NYNB (that’s New Year, New Blog)? Check out this post and stay tuned for more details on social media and beyond…