This post may contain affiliate links; see site footer for more details.
If you’ve been around CUR for awhile, you know my lovelovelove for a good lippy runs deep. Give me all ye bright, bold, beautiful lipsticks, lip glosses, lip stains, lip balms – I’ll wear ’em all. I am ALL ABOUT lip products. I cannot live without lip products. I may be a musical theatre girl, but I’m not being dramatic in the slightest; lippies have mah heart. The two makeup products I absolutely positively definitively cannot live without are a good mascara and a good lip. Enter, today’s post.
While I’m all about a fab lip, I’m not all about dropping all the dollah dollah bills on one or two products. Me in the makeup aisle:
But those bills are Washingtons and not Benjamins, so we’re on a drugstore budget when it comes to a lot of lip products here, people. Granted, I have quite a few must-have lip favorites from Sephora (lookin’ at you, you, aaaaand you!). But I really think certain drugstore formulas are just as good – if not better – than their expensive counterparts.
P.S. Would y’all like to see a drugstore dupes post, finding drugstore duplicates to more expensive counterparts? Sound off in le comments if so!
Here are what I’d consider to be the best drugstore lipsticks. They’re my own holy grail products. Obviously as a disclaimer, I haven’t tested every lipstick on the market (although come at me, lippies!). But these are my tried and true favorites and repeat purchases that I’d say are 100% worth the money when you’re on your romantic walk down the makeup aisle in CVS or Walgreens. 😉
Revlon Colorburst Matte Balm in 225 Sultry
- I absolutely love these balms and absolutely lovelovelove this mauvey shade! The Colorburst matte balms, from my experiences thus far, tend to have a mintier flavor to ’em; I know some chicas are against having their lips taste like their teeth, so if that’s you, do not pass go. But if you don’t mind a minty tingle (I don’t!), these go on flawlessly, last long, and really provide smooth, even color application in my opinion. I think they’re the easiest thing to throw in your bag and run with, because you can apply on the fly and they’re trustworthy color! This is one of my go-to’s for now-ish…that period of transitioning to FALL!
L’Oreal Colour Riche in 180 Pink Flamingo
- A gorgeous everyday pink, supposedly reminiscent of a Chanel shade. I’m not about to spend $37 on a lippy, but I can sit with 8 bucks. I was so pleasantly surprised by this formula, as it was my first ever L’Oreal lip product. It feels (+ looks) so much more expensive than it is, so it’s an absolute winner in my book.
Maybelline Colorsensational in 905 Brazen Berry
- A favorite for years. I first bought this purpleish gem on a whim before ever having had experimented with bolder lippies before. And by “bolder,” I mean anything other than your standard shades – no bright purples or corals or crazy cat sorta stuff. Brazen Berry is beautifully bold, though, with just the right amount of purple to feel a boost of confidence without getting self-conscious over crazy colors. I love that I can wear this shade yearround as an unexpected tint.
Rimmel London Moisture Renew Lipstick in 360 As You Want Victoria
- One swipe. Just one swipe is all you need and your pucker is ready to pout! This formula is so pigmented and so creamy – I lovelovelove. IDK who Victoria is, but she did something right!
Wet n’ Wild MegaLast Lip Color in 908C Sugar Plum Fairy
- These babies are $2. YUP – TWO DOLLAHS. You’d think you’d be getting a piece of crap lipstick for $2, but I swear to you, somehow these just work. I own four of ’em in shades for every season! They’re obviously not the best lipsticks on the block, but I think a cheaper lip is one of the best ways to experiment with colors when you’re just not sure if you’re comfortable with the season’s new shade. Before splurging on a trendy hue, try it for less to see how it works against your skin tone and smile. This formula is a bit thicker, but from my experience with multiple shades in the line, it’s genuinely longlasting and acts almost like a stain once the initial layer of lipstick has worn down a bit (from coffee and wine, obvi). Sugar Plum Fairy just screams winter (and Christmas – who’s excited?!), amiright??
Maybelline Colorsensational in 684 Electric Pink
- I lovelovelove this brighter burst of bubblegum! It’s a bit more punchy than a typical everyday pink, so it’s fun to amp up your look a little. If you couldn’t tell already, I’m a big fan of Maybelline lippies. They just always end up what I’m reaching for the most! AND AND AND, it’s supposedly an identical dupe for YSL’s $37 “Tropical Pink.” I mean…obvious choice here peeps.
Covergirl Katy Kat Matte in Coral Cat
- I was sent this shade justbecause by an oh-so-sweet campaign manager I work with frequently (she’s a doll!), and it quickly became a go-to in my summer collection. I’m usually a bit hesitant with corals because the wrong undertones can bring out any yellow in teeth (nothankyou), but this one works.
NYX Butter Gloss in Creme Brulee
- Guys. This. Gloss. Tho. As if I couldn’t be more obsessed with the NYX Butter Glosses, the YouTube goddess Jaclyn Hill said this particular shade was her nude gloss favorite and Lord help me I was at CVS in 15 minutes to stock up. It’s so dang creamy and lives up to its name: buttery. Feels divine, beautiful everyday neutral for just a touch of something sweet.
Maybelline Baby Lips in 70 Pink Shock
- My friend got married in July and literally wore this as her wedding shade! It’s a brighter pop of pink lip balm, giving you equal parts moisturization and colored shine. Baby Lips are just a win all around in my book, so I own a few shades (and could always use a few more). Pink Shock is just enough pop to be fun while still being a 100% everyday wear, which I lovelovelove.
LipSmackers Dr. Pepper
- You’re lying if you say you don’t have one of these at the bottom of your makeup bag. It’s not like LipSmackers is a new thing – every 90’s baby in the house knows ’em all too well. I always loved the Dr. P flavah, so swiping this one from time to time is the perfect mix of moisturizing sheen and sweet nostalgia.
What’re your own holy grail drugstore lipsticks and lip products?
I’d lovelovelove to hear your own favorites, so drop ’em in a comment below! I’ve gotta feeling a drugstore run will be in order soon…
And let me know if you’d like a drugstore dupes post in le future! Peace & blessins.