This post may contain affiliate links; see site footer for more details.
Happy hump! It’s been time and a half since a beauty post hit these rosy parts, so the time has come to break the silence. Winter does a number on my skin (and everyone else’s…because don’t even lie, y’all know we’re all on this struggle bus together), so I’ve learned to be more in tune to what my skin wants and needs when the thermometer drops. When it comes to winter skincare products, I’m always on my game to find things that work fast.
My skin is typically on the oilier side, and it’s always been acne-prone and generally unpleasant. #goals
Come winter, I’ve got less slick to deal with and more dryness, and it takes some maintenance to keep everything kosher. Especially since a breakout could happen at seemingly any moment (it’s a fun life), I’m sometimes hesitant to experiment with new products in fear of causing a reaction or getting mixed up and not knowing *what* is causing a reaction.
But alas, there’s still a whole slue of winter skincare products that I’m rockin’ and lovin’, so I wanted to share them with you in case your skin has got a similar case of the blah. This entire graphic is clickable where you see a little grey icon, so if you fancy any of these products for yo’self, click away!
- Simple Cleansing miscellar water. Gentle, does the job, and no need to rinse afterwards. When it’s freezing in winter and I’m fresh outta the shower and not about to splash water on my face, this stuff is clutch!
- Ponds makeup removing wipes. I am PICKY when it comes to makeup wipes. I love wearing makeup every day, and I’m anal about taking it off at night. I need to be fresh-faced by the time my head hits the pillow at night, but I don’t want to have irritated and scrubbed off my first layer of skin in the process! After trying what feels like every wipe on the planet, I finally found Ponds and am never turning back. They’re actually WET wipes, so there is zero scrubbing necessary. One wipes cleans your entire face, and I’m hooked on the packaging, too; I buy the packs that come in a plastic blue case. Besides the wipes being in the typical makeup wipe packaging, the whole shebang fits into this hard plastic case that closes, so your entire pack stays fresh until the very last wipe!
- Spin brush from Vanity Planet. I invested in this puppy because I was anxious to give spin brush technology a go and hasn’t bought into the Clarisonic. Luckily, this Vanity Planet brush does the trick! Multiple interchangeable brush heads to find your optimal clean.
- Dew Puff. A dew puff is an inexpensive, totally worth it tool to change up your everyday face washing routine. Spin brushes are great, but they can be a bit too harsh to use everyday! A dew puff, though, is soft and squishy and helps clean your pores without ripping them apart. I use mine every single night, and I get SO much more makeup off than when I just wash with my hands. You can get one for 8 bucks on Amazon, and it’s worth every penny.
- Posh Pore-fect Face Wash Bar. This. is. SO. GOOD! Guys, I have *never* been a bar soap kinda gal. It always felt messy and ineffective and like a breeding ground for bacteria, and I was never about dat life. But this face bar is BIG and takes foooooorever to dwindle down. I use my spin brush with it and I don’t know if I’ve ever gotten a better clean than with this combination! Ingredients include Meadowsweet root, tea tree, eucalyptus, and blueberry…and it’s only $10.
- Younique Refreshed Rose Water. Spritzing rose water on your face helps lessen any redness, so it’s great when you need a soothing refresher after winter has started to take its toll. Now your face can be coming up roses… 😉
- Proactiv+ Skin Smoothing Exfoliator. An awesome exfoliating facewash that doesn’t feel like you’re scrubbing rocks on your face! The exoliant factor is minimal, so tiny grains feel like they’re actually removing dry patches and flakes without just irritating your skin.
- Proactiv+ Complexion Perfecting hydrator. This stuff is BAE. (Is bae still a thing? #bringitback) It still has a bit of salicylic acid in it, but the hydration piece of this puzzle is key. With a gel consistency, it almost feels like other water-based hydrators, so your skin ends up feeling so soothed afterwards. I love this product for days when I’m fearing a breakout, but already have dryness and don’t want to turn my skin into a desert with more acne products. It handles any pimples while keeping the rest of your skin feeling supple!
- Aveeno clear complexion daily moisturizer. It’s oil-free with total soy complex and salicylic acid for blemish treatment, so it’s the perfect thing for combination skin when you need hydration but still need to banish breakouts. I’m on my third bottle, I believe, so I swear by this stuff!
- Yes To Coconuts Ultra Hydrating Facial Mask. It’s coconuts and avocados. What could be better? Totally nourishing and soothing. Almost as good as a beach day. 😉
These are my current personal face winter skincare products, but I’ve got a few other goodies on my list to try soon, too.
What are your holy grail winter skincare products?
I’d love to hear what your ride or die picks are…I think a Target run is in order soon!