This post may contain affiliate links; see site footer for more details.
Happy hump, happy first day of classes at Penn, happy HAPPY. Man oh man, things have been a few degrees past nutso at Coming Up Roses headquarters lately (which rotates between my dorm room, my parent’s kitchen, my apartment with the fiancé, and Starbucks). I just really want to take a step back with all of you and *breathe*.
- Today marks my last first day of classes ever. Like what. I spent my morning forcing myself to focus on solely classes (since a senior year’s resolution of mine is no technology in class! Friggin’ difficult, let me tell you.), and I’m overwhelmed in the best sense by my professors. One in particular is the epitome of a real life business rockstar, and I’ve got a feeling I’m going to be flocking to office hours just for general life advice by the end.
- I’ve been juggling my new kids, living the RA life with 26 fabulously overeager and wide-eyed Penn freshmen; the perspective they bring into my life now is unlike any other.
- I’m planning a wedding.
- I’ve got introductory client projects coming up for my own consulting business.
- I’ve got introductory client projects coming up for my own personal styling business.
- …both of which I never even dreamed would be a reality…
- My acapella family just filmed a music video, we’ve got an album dropping in a matter of months, and we’re recruiting new members in a week.
- Aaaaaaand there’s Bachelor in Paradise every Sunday and Monday evenings (important things, people).
Excuse me as I go drown myself in coffee.
Do you know the feeling?…that weird middle-ground between being completely excited by possibilities and completely overwhelmed with anxieties? Butterflies of both kinds, a constant back and forth of emotions and thoughts, and the constant tug of dreams when you’re halfway there to acknowledging that maybe – just maybe! – you can make. it. happen.
It’s the hump and we’re all busy and crazy right now from the looks of it, so imma keep the inspiration short and sweet today. I think I just want to tell you that you’re not alone.
Whatever crazies you’re trying to conquer, whatever bad thoughts you’re battling, whatever stress you’re feeling or excitement you’re embracing or overwhelm that you’re trying to nix…you’re not alone.
NOW, for the fun, way less serious, and still caffeinated part of this post, JEWEL TONES.
This is where my inner stylist comes out, because can I just say that I don’t think there is a soul on this planet that I’ve seen look bad in jewel tones??? Seriously people, you cannot go wrong with a great cobalt blue, deep fuchsia, kelly green, ruby red…they’re just punchy and pop on any skin tone, hair color, and body type. Da best. Some blogging besties and I decided to all talk about jewel tones today as a nice segue into fall fashion – although I swear these colors work any time, any season.
I’ve been living in these tie-dye blue shorts for the past week. Literally though. I took them off last night and promised myself I’d throw them in the wash, and yet here I am again in the same dang shorts. Can’t stop won’t stop. They’re essentially socially acceptable pajamas with how soft they are, and they just pack a punch of color that I love.
What’s your favorite way to incorporate jewel tones into your everyday wear?
Whatever happens in these rosy headquarters in the coming days, I can promise a few ridiculously fun projects in the works on these parts, and I can’t wait to share them with you and get your feedback!
Until then, I’d love to see you win $100 to Starbucks, or this hella gorgeous jewel toned necklace from Baublebar that I’m giving away with some of my best blogging gal pals.
Join the party?
*Giveaway will run until September 3rd. Winner will be directly shipped necklace, so exact bib necklace may depend on Baublebar’s stock at time of giveaway conclusion. Giveaway open internationally, however, if international winner is selected, winner will be responsible for shipping costs.