I’ll have you know it’s truly going to take ALL of my effort to not start every single blog post from hereonout with “it’s the moooost wonderful tiiiime of the yeaaaaar!” 😉 But it’s true – ’tis the season, folks! Our first GIFT GUIDE is here! Especially with how many supply chain issues are happening nationwide (and WORLDwide), word on the shopping street is that you’ll want to plan ahead + shop accordingly to ensure any/all holiday gifts are delivered in time. Of course, the reason for the season is NOT presents – but if you’re like me and your love language is giving gifts to other people, you’ll want to keep this in mind, make a list, and check it twice. 😉 I recommend shopping ASAP – BEFORE Black Friday weekend. Personally, my goal is to be finished early November. Ambitious? Yes. Doable? Yes! Especially since ALL CUR Gift Guides will be published by second week of November (expect about 15!), and they will have your BACK with anyone + everyone on your list. Pinky promise. 😉
We’re kicking off GIFT GUIDES GALORE today, so your girl is stoked. This first gift guide of the lot felt fitting to start the party, because it’s all things that I personally OWN that I would 100% recommend as gifts. It was the #1 request when I polled the peeps on Instagram Stories, so – let’s do the dang thing. This idea came to me a few years back after seeing so many gift guides online sharing product collages from this store or that store, and always wondering…but does she actually USE that product HERSELF to recommend it??? Anyone can do a quick Google search for top-rated products or just pull together what everyone else and her mother is loveloveloving for the season, so I wanted to make a *special* gift guide solely focused on the things that I have personally used + recommended for YEARS that would be fabulous giftables for any lady in your life. (Of course, since it’s things that are mine, it’s girls only today – but MEN ARE COMING 😉 ).
Basically, this is like Oprah’s Favorite Things, but from me. 😉
First thing’s first – I’m going to throw a coin in the hat and toot my own horn for the THRIVING Collection. ICYMI, this is a Collection of 7 pieces that I designed + curated specifically for you, to help elevate your everyday from a place of simply surviving to thriving. It’s got a cozy sweatshirt, insulated tumbler cup, relaxed t-shirt, embroidered baseball hat, racerback tank, toddler tee, + a THRIVE necklace in collaboration with small shop Tough as a Mother Tribe. If you’re worried about shipping times, don’t worry – THE CUP ships from my garage and has been known to beat Amazon Prime timing. 😉 Thriving Collection pieces are as size-inclusive as possible (ranging from XS-3X) and designed with your everyday life in mind, from the perfectly versatile white tee, to a tank for your workouts, the only tumbler cup you’ll ever need (literally), or sweats for cozying up on the couch with a movie. So, I hope you find something that your BFF/sister/self will lovelovelove. 😉 Now onto the Gift Guide…you can click any image in the collage below to shop it instantly!
- Tarte Maracuja Juicy Lips – Juicy Lips is one of my FAVORITE Tarte products to date, and one that I’ve gifted + personally purchased multiple times. They’re just SO FREAKING GOOD, YO. They apply like a balm but look like a gloss and wear like a treatment, so they’re a really multi-purposeful product that works for literally every lady. They’re also formulated with this Comfort Complex that’s meant to instantly plump your lips + smooth the look of lip lines. They’ve got maracuja inside which is suuuper moisturizing, as well as 10+ antioxidant-rich fruits (watermelon, strawberry, goji, pomegranate, blueberry, peach, cranberry, & grapeseed oil to name a few!). It’s also a dermatologist-tested, vegan formula with no petrolatum or lanolin – it seriously feels A-MAZ-ING on your lips! Kid you not, I’ve got 5 in my stash right now. Might buy some more. Who knows, anything goes, just get the dang Juicy Lips.
- My portable charger – This thing has traveled the world with me. It’s the BEST portable charger I’ve found so far – and given the nature of my job, I think you can assume I know my way around portable chargers. 😉 It’s the best for two reasons. 1.) It’s got a built-in port for your phone AND a built-in port for itself, so you don’t have to remember to additionally pack a USB cord – it’s got everything you need to charge up in it already. 2.) You can charge your phone AND itself at the same time. And a third reason…it charges FAST. Great gender neutral stocking stuffer! (I gifted one to my brother-in-law last Christmas – he flipped).
- The BEST tumbler – I’ve sung its praises for years so it should be no surprise it made the list – THE CUP. Mind you, I strongly recommend grabbing the cup in its THRIVING variety since I designed it and all. 😉 Not to mention, our Gwynn Garage shipping times have been said to trump Amazon Prime. Jusssayin’.
- Keurig Latte machine – This is our coffee machine and we lovelovelove. One of you asked about it on Instagram recently, so figured it should make the Gift Guide if you’re looking to upgrade your favorite coffeeholic’s at-home system!
- Typeleague Press face mug – Typeleague face mugs were *THE GIFT* for all in the fam last year – I just got “Olivia’s ___” for everyone with their respective role to her with her cute little face smack dab front and center, and it was a roaring hit. Just click and you’ll see why. 😉 They’re bestsellers for good reason! Also makes for a great Secret Santa or White Elephant gift option – you could put someone’s kid, partner, or even pet’s face on it!
- Shutterfly photo books – This is mine + J’s FAVORITE gift every single year. Since we first started dating, I made J a book as a gift at the end of the year summing up all of our dates together. On each page, I have pictures from the date and a little “Remember when…” note talking about what we did, what we ate, etc – a fun way to immediately remember the most fun moments of a year together, especially after years pass. It’s J’s FAVORITE gift every year hands down – he’s frequently said he doesn’t need anything else but that. It’s so fabulous since it’s personal, but also a great keepsake. We can frequently look back on past year’s books and have memories flood back of little moments and dates we might otherwise have forgotten without the reminder!
- Nerds Gummy Clusters – Absolutely addicting. Shouldn’t even be legal. You’ve been warned. 😉
- Stoney Clover dupe bags – I lovelovelove the look of the popular Stoney Clover bags, but the pricetags are *gulp* wow. This little Etsy shop makes similarly styled toiletry bags etc at much more accessible price points – and you’re supporting a small business while you’re at it! I also just bought this SNACKS bag and am *obsessed* – it’s juuuust like the more expensive SC counterpart.
- Laneige Lip Masks – These lip masks are my all-time fave. I used to wake up with *such* dry lips no matter what I tried – these solved that problem entirely. You wake up with truly hydrated lips – and they make so many yummy flavors. A GREAT gift + easy stocking stuffer!
- Pamela’s brownies – IYKYK. 😉
- Amazon pajamas/Nordstrom’s PJ’s – Comfy PJ’s can never go wrong! I have both of these – the Nordstrom pair and an Amazon lookalike. Honestly, the Amazon pair is just as good if not better than my Nordstrom pair, AND less expensive. But since this Nordstrom pair is SO dang popular, I wanted to include both so you can have your pick!
- Tula – I KNOW, I KNOW, SHUT UP WITH THE TULA, ERICA. 😉 But HEY…if it’s Erica’s Favorite Things, Tula is obviously on that list. I’m breaking it down, though, with a few Tula products in particular that would be greatest for gifting, in my humble opinion. (My Tula discount code is COMINGUPROSES for 20% off + free shipping on anything!)
- Gift sets + holiday sets – Tula did gift sets RIGHT this year. You can choose a set based on whatever your (or your recipient’s) skin type or concerns are, or whatever products you want inside. AND they’ve got a whole section for holiday-specific pairings and product favorites for easy pickings.
- 24/7 Power Swipe Nighttime eye balm – My *favorite* undereye treatment for nighttime – one of the few I’ve ever tried (ever) that don’t irritate my skin! Full review of the Tula 24/7 eye balm here!
- Glow & Get It Eye balm + – There are two glow eye balms to choose from – the OG blue tube, and the rose option. The original is better if your skin has cooler undertones, while the rose is better for warmer undertones. I personally prefer the rose on myself! (The rose also has rosehip oil inside which acts like a natural retinol to help with anti-aging!) BOTH eye balms are cooling + brightening – I’ve recommended them many a time before, in Monthly Favorites posts (actually ALL of these Tula products have been in favorites roundsup before – ha!), and also in this post on how to cover dark circles on your undereyes! Here’s a review of all three Tula eye balms in case ya need it.
- Exfoliating treatment mask – This is one of my all-time favorite face masks. You might’ve caught this on my Instagram stories, but I’ve shared before how it paired with the pH resurfacing gel toner is my go-to combination for battling a breakout that very second. Literally heals reactions overnight, if my breakout is in response to something (ie, not cystic or deeply rooted but more of a surface-level reaction, if that makes sense!)
- Holiday sugar scrub – They *just* released three limited edition sugar scrubs (my faves) in Sugar Plum, Chocolate Peppermint, + Gingerbread!
- Living Proof Dry Shampoo – The best dry shampoo of all time, no ifs ands or buts. Actually CLEANS your hair without leaving behind chalky residue – it’s what gets me a week between washes! Give her the gift of MORE TIME, BLESS UP.
- Brumate – We lovelovelove Brumates in our house – they’re such helpful insulators for keeping a cold one COLD!
- Barefoot Dreams anything + everything – LITERALLY. But, if you have to break it down, a Barefoot Dreams blanket is my #1 recommendation from the brand. You just can’t go wrong. (I’ve got a few on hand to gift but can’t say to who in case they read this post. HA) Also recently blogged a few Barefoot Dreams blanket dupes that are favorites of mine to get the look/feel for less.
- Essence Mascara – This is my personal favorite mascara – and it’s not even $5. Easy stocking stuffer + makeup must!
- Ember mug – The coolest invention! This is perfect for the coffee snob in your life who needs their espresso at *precisely* a certain temperature. 😉 Because the Ember mug lets you do that! It connects to an app on your phone that lets you heat your coffee to an exact temp (or will just tell you when it’s hot enough to drink, versus too hot or too cool). It acts as a warmer then, too, to maintain that perfect drinking temp!
- Coffee warmer – If you’re more on a budget but want the same sorta effect of not needing to reheat your coffee 32 times a morning (just me? HA), this is GREAT. I have one on my desk and highly recommend for any other desk, too! Easy Amazon find, would also make a great stocking stuffer or Secret Santa gift for a coffeeholic!
- Equilibria CBD – I’ve been using Equilibria’s CBD for months and months and months – I keep Daily Drops at my desk + in my fridge for quick pickmeups and moments of relaxation. Whether you’re wanting to try CBD for increasing relaxation, lessening anxiety, bettering sleep, reducing inflammation or something else altogether, I can’t recommend Equilibria enough as a company and brand. Every single customer also gets access to a free dosage specialist + consultation to have them help you personalize your CBD intake to your own routine, which was INVALUABLE to me with mine. My mom is starting to get into it now, too! Some personal favorites I recommend for gifting especially… (You can get 15% off anything with code ERICALIGENZA, too!)
- The Mindful Mineral Soak – SO lovely in baths – they’re CBD mineral salts infused with jasmine + gardenia essential oils.
- Relief Balm – Great for everything from inflamed joints to period cramps. A fast-acting topical cream that works wonders!
- Daily gummies – The latest launch! 10 mg CBD per gummy – pineapple passionfruit flavor!
- The Dynamic Roller Duo – Two CBD rollerballs so you can split for two stockings if you want! Give the gift of CBD on the go for quick relief.
- Balance Bath Bombs – A huuuuge seller of theirs that constantly sells out – perfect stocking stuffer.
- Louis Vuitton lookalike bags – Get the designer look-for-less with some checkered, functional favorites – I have 3 of these “dupes” and lovelovelove. Under $50 instead of $1,500+! Blogged more options to get the look-for-less Louis Vuitton Damier bags here!
- Vera Bradley duffel/travel set – I have so many different duffels and weekender bags, and I ALWAYS go back to my Vera Bradleys. They’re SO incredibly sturdy and well-made…I’ve had my oldest one for YEARS upon years and you still can’t see any signs of wear, and I wear it hard. They’re fabulous for travel, and you can get her a set with 2 or even 3 bags in the same print for an entire travel set – perfect for the jetsetter!
- Gucci card holder – Definitely a bigger ticket item, but something worth recommending to your partner or using as your own TREAT YO’SELF. I RARELY used a regular wallet since having my card holder, since I’m most often just needing my driver’s license and a debit or credit card to run an errand.
- SisKiss customized name necklace – I have quite a few SisKiss pieces; I’ve been wearing my OLIVIA name necklace since she was born, and I have another daintier gold necklace of my own name script, too. Makes a fabulous option for new mamas if you get their babies’ name, or get your girlfriends’ or bridesmaids’ all their own names and all match – lots of options for a really sweet, special gift here! Code ERICA15 for 15% off this small shop!
- Roomba – Give her the gift of never having to vacuum again. 😉 Our Roomba goes off at 5 am every morning so at least one floor is vacuumed and clean before the day has begun. Bless up.
- Sweetmint handmade mugs – Another favorite place to order unique, fun mugs from. I always get the 15oz. option – it’s bigger + sturdier and the perfect size! She’s got mugs for literally ANYONE + EVERYONE, from inspiring to hilarious. (Use code INSTA15 for 15% off at checkout!)
- Colleen Rothschild products – Always a FABULOUS option for a little luxury for her! I’ve blogged SO many of Colleen’s products in the past, so just search “Colleen Rothschild” in my search bar and there are so many options depending on skin type, concerns, etc – also things like restorative hand cream make great stocking stuffers! (Get 20% off any CRB products with code ERICA20 at checkout!)
- Loopycase – Once I first put a Loopycase on my phone, I knew there was no going back! I’ve had one one for years at this point. It eliminates the dropped-phone-on-face syndrome when you’re laying in bed and lazily scrolling your newsfeed. 😉 But also SO good for anyone frequently carrying #AllTheThings (so, mamas!) – you can just hook your phone loop onto your pinky and have free hands for other stuff. I do this all the time so that I can manage Liv comfortably while running about! (They gave me code eligenza10 for 10% off a case if you’d like one for yourself!)
- Spanx leather leggings – You know I lovelovelove ’em…definitely worthwhile addition to your own fall/winter closet, and a great idea for any girlfriends living in colder climates, too.
- UGG slippers or moccasins – Seriously, two of the BEST gifts. I now own two pairs of the slippers and two pairs of the moccasins. I bought my first UGG moccasins back when we were in the NICU, because with traveling every single day in the cold, I just wanted to be as comfortable as possible. Then, my brother gifted me another pair for a Christmas past which was FABULOUS. They’re especially great because they’ve got hard soles, so you can wear them out and about besides just in the house.
- Physicians Formula Murumuru Collection – If you’re going to get a beauty set this year, I always recommend this one. Why? Well. WELL. It’s 8 butter bronzers, 7 butter highlights, 7 butter blushes. 12 butter lippies, 24 butter eyeshadows, and a mirror. All for…not even 40 bucks. It’s no secret that these are some of my *favorite* drugstore formulas, so to have this entire line in a compact collection like this – unreal. Definitely a wow-worthy gift for the beauty lover in your life!
- Converse cloud platform sneakers – I JUST LOVE THESE, OK. One of my favorite unexpected finds from the last Nordstrom sale. They feel like walking on the cloud – without a doubt, the most *comfortable* Converse on planet Earth. They’re cushiony and cute and so fun.
- Pillow talk lip kit – Charlotte Tilbury is one of my all-time favorite luxury makeup lines, and this lippy shade is the BEST. It’s perfect for everyday wear, and a great shade for work – it’s neutral without being bland, with beautiful mauve-y undertones. Feels like a luxe giftable that she’ll get great use out of in everyday life!
- Wrist key-ring holder – Another CLUTCH find for the girl on the go – because ain’t nobody got time to fumble around with keys and phones and all the things. I just slip my key wring onto my wrist for getting in/out of the car or house and it makes life a little easier.
- Pearl-sleeve jean jacket – Another splurgier piece, but one that is worth every penny. I wear mine constantly and am stopped and complimented ALWAYS. It’s great for travel, and also great as a dressier jean jacket option. Total showstopper, and so unique!
- Louis Vuitton Neverfull from Keeks – Of course, this is the splurgiest of them all – ha! BUT, if you ARE in the market for something designer this holiday season, I recommend checking out Keeks first. They have super gently used, authenticated pre-owned pieces at a fraction of the original price, so it’s a great way to get the designer piece for less. (Both of my LV Neverfulls are from Keeks – I cannot say enough good things about them!)
- Glow Body Butter in Wish – This is my favorite body butter of all time. I ALWAYS have it stocked and have gifted it so many times I’ve lost count – this scent specifically just smells divine. It’s also a really cool Small Shop (so stay tuned to see them again in a few days… 😉 ) that donates portions of proceeds to various causes, which I lovelovelove. It says it’s a “magical blend” of sparkling light florals, white tea, and bergamot grounded by light musks, which sounds just about right. Super rich, hydrating body butter (but not greasy!) – it’s got coconut, jojoba, sunflower oils inside + Vitamin E, and it’s cruelty free, paraben free, phthalate free, gluten free, and made in the USA.
- Thriving Collection – Because you deserve to THRIVE. 😉
What’s on your Christmas wishlist this year? What GIFT GUIDE do you want to see next?
I WANNA KNOW – let me know in a comment below!