I am team September-means-fall, so break out the pumpkin spice! While I’m not normally one to ride and die by trend reports, this season’s runway trends have seemed a bit more approachable and doable in everyday life. This time a few years back, I was sitting at New York Fashion Week runway shows, seeing the upcoming season’s styles firsthand – but it always felt a bit odd and confusing, since there sometimes seemed to be such disconnect between what was showing on a glamorous runway versus in everyday life or on Target racks. Nowadays, trends seem to be more influenced by TikTok than Vogue, and even that can feel discouraging to Millennials like me who prefer tops to cover our belly buttons. 😉 But all things considered, I’m stoked that some of this fall’s trends feel much more relatable and wearable to the everyday ladies like us.
2022 FALL TRENDS:
- Baggy denim – I’ll still be grabbing a boyfriend or mom jean over the ultra baggy denim for practicality purposes, but it’s definitely a look when paired with something snugger up top (like a bodysuit or crop top)
- Punky prep – Think combat boots or chunky loafers with your crisp white button-down or plaid kilt-like midi skirt.
- Hot pink – Shocking to me that it made the autumnal cut, but I’m here for hot pink always!
- Leather jacket – Always a fall staple.
- Sequins – BLESS UP.
- Bomber jackets – Again, always a staple, always fall chic!
- OTK boots with micro mini skirts – While OTK boots feel like they’re a seasonal staple, the micro mini rose to fame more recently.
- Maxi hemlines – Great for transitioning your flowier summer maxi dresses and skirts into fall – just add a bomber or leather jacket and you’re totally vogue.
- Little white tank top – Especially when paired with classic denim. Feels a bit like a Calvin Klein ad!
Some of my highlighted fall trends to try this season are pops of pink and punky prep details. Pink isn’t normally a color that screams “fall,” but it’s a fun, feminine extension from the bright shades of summer that I’m happy is helping transition to cooler, crisper months.
In taking a handful of 2022 fall trends and making them work realistically, I put together a little ‘fit with some personal favorites: a pink shacket, baggier denim (not exactly full-blown BAGGY, but looser!), and a pop of punky prep.
For help keeping up on easy trends to try, I’ve been loveloveloving the free app, Clickher®. It’s a super-curated beauty + fashion app, entirely powered by a diverse team of real women nationwide. They’re doing the dirty work of scouring the world wide web and social platforms for the latest + greatest styles, tips, and trends, and they share the best of the best via quick, easily digestable posts. Everything is SUPER short n’ sweet, and the feed is algorithm-free (bless up), so you get fresh content with high value from real people that might be otherwise missed in your newsfeeds.
On your feed, you’ll see each post as a simple image and text block combo with a link out to any other relevant tutorial if elaboration is needed. It’s such a helpful way to comb through what’s interesting to you versus not, and it’s all hyper-curated from a team of real women combing through their own crazy-full feeds to find the best of the best worth re-sharing with you.
If you find yourself mindlessly scrolling social media, feeling drained or without value after – download ClickHer. An easy alternative for immediate ideas, quick tips, and real value from real people, minus the other irrelevant stuff or random drama that may otherwise grace your feeds. You can ALSO save your favorite posts for easy reference anytime. Just this past week alone, I learned a quick skincare tip I’ve NEVER heard before, saw the *coolest* DIY for paper mache wall art, and watched a tutorial for covering undereye circles sans creasing or settling in fine lines (bless). It’s all right there in one place, and honestly, I don’t even find myself scrolling as much because every piece of content feels more intentionally there, where I’m actually LEARNING and consuming more than I am mindlessly scrolling!
Have you downloaded ClickHer yet? Which 2022 fall trends will you be trying?
I wanna know – comment below this post and tell all!
*Thanks to ClickHer, a brand I lovelovelove, for sponsoring this post. As always, all opinions + thoughts presented are entirely my own. Thank YOU for supporting the brands that support Coming Up Roses!