I was always that girl “overdressing” for things. I *distinctly* remember the high school backlash from those who opted for sweats for the day when I’d be in a more put-together coordinated ensemble. HEY – you do you! I’m just gonna do me, and high school me had a thing for matching my earrings to my shoes. Can ya blame me? 😉 It was the same story in college – instead of sweats, some folks opted for full-blown pajama day errrr’day while I still wanted to accessorize everything and match my Nikes to my baseball hat on an “off” day. When I became my own boss and knew I’d be working solo most of the time (at home, to boot), I swore to myself I’d never be that girl working in her jammies day in + day out – that I’d still “dress the part,” even tho “the part” was a party of one. Buuuuuuut…I’m totally that girl sometimes. Way too often I’m in my pajamas until lunchtime, or I just throw on gym clothes and act like it was for a reason beyond just being comfy AF all day long. 😉
I mean, can ya blame me??
There are a few things working against me here:
- I work from home.
- Winter in Pennsylvania is COLD AF, YO.
- I’m a normal human being. What normal human being DOESN’T like comfy clothes?!
I rest my case. 😉 Recently, I’ve found myself hitting “add to cart” on a loooooootta comfy clothes. Specifically, cozy PANTS. Do I need more? No, no I do not. But in the words of Cady Heron, the limit does not exist. #CantStopWontStop, but I don’t even care, because I now have a collection of cozy pants worthy of Kate Middleton’s comfy clothes closet (we all know she has one).
To note, all of my favorite cozy pants have banded or snugger bottoms. For years I had the total first world struggle of waking up with cold legs from the knees down, because regular ol’ flannel PJ bottoms ride up whenever you move around. NO MORE, YO. A simple banded or snugger bottom on the pant leg solves this problem. WHO KNEW?! HA. 😉
MY TOP 5 FAVORITE COZY PANTS
- Aerie Plush Sleep leggings – You’d be absolutely NUTS to not grab these ASAP. First, they’ve got a drawstring. Second, they’ve got pockets. And third, they’ve got banded bottoms. They’re STILL 70% off (!!!) on sale for $11.99 + come in 4 different colors/prints. I’ve got 3 pairs – you’ll wear ’em on repeat and thank me later. 😉
- GAP striped sweater leggings – These go in + out of stock constantly cos they’re just so dang CAAAAUTE. And they’re like wearing your favorite cardigan on your legs. AND they close via drawstring AND have snugger bottoms. Here’s their matching sweater! This fluffy pullover, tho, is a total gem, too. A suuuuper similar style keeps selling out on Nordstrom, but it’s twice the price of mine – and mine is just as (if not more) cute!
- Cuddl Duds Warm Essentials – Gems from Target in light grey AND charcoal. I have both, lovelovelove both. These feel like wearing a light knit sweater legit ON your legs. They’re a really flexible fabric, too, so they really are like a merge between regular leggings and a sweater knit. Totally cool + something you’ve just gotta pick up to believe! The *only* potential downside (if this matters to you) is that they don’t have a drawstring. (But obvi, that’s a total personal preference!) Only $17.99, so grab both colors!
- Wildfox sweatpants – I KNOW, OK? These are absurdly expensive for sweatpants. BUT. And that’s a big but. …they’re worth it. Y’all know I would NOT tell you to purchase something if it was NOT worth it – I’m like the queen of dupes over here, so I’d just tell ya where to find a similar one for less. 😉 But these really don’t have a comparison. The Wildfox brand in general is known for being on the pricier side o’ life, but also on the totally luxe side of cozy. My Siesta Fiesta sweater is also Wildfox – this brand makes GREAT giftables!
- J. Crew striped waffle leggings – The ultimate thermals! On sale for $34.99 + come in two colors. I could wear these for actual days on end.
- Express plush leggings – Bonus pair #6! These are sold out, but I’d be remiss to not mention ’em since they’e so dang cozy. I picked up a pair from Express on a whim since I’ve been so *impressed* with Express as of late, and I was not disappointed!
What are your favorite COZY pants??
Have you tried any of these brands or specifics leggings before? Where’s your favorite place to pick up cozy essentials? Let me know in a comment below!
AND NOW. If you’re anything like me, you’ve been longing for a shopping spree. Especially one that involves swimwear to hit a non-snowy beach STAT. 😉
One of you lucky ducks will be going home with a $500 Nordstrom gift card – HUZZAH.
Enter by performing the actions below in the Rafflecopter for a chance to win a shopping spree that will kick your 2018 wardrobe into high gear! Make sure to do the actions in the Rafflecopter before marking they are done! Marking done doesn’t automatically perform the action. (We do verify entries!) Giveaway runs from Jan 16, 2018 to Jan 30, 2018 (concludes at 12:00 AM on the last day). Open to the US, UK and CAN. Winner will be announced within 10 days of the conclusion of the giveaway and entries will be verified by the hosts.