Time to drop another GIFT GUIDE on CUR – woohoo! Today’s is especially special, because I’m sharing solely SMALL SHOPS. I’ve always been a big fan of shopping small whenever possible, because I’ve got a big place in my heart for small biz owners and the entrepreneurial spirit. This year has been so hard for so many of us, and a lot of small shops have had to close their doors in these tough times. I know firsthand how hard it can be and how dependent you feel on the support of others to keep your little dream alive – and to keep food on your family’s table – so I’m so stoked to share a small shops gift guide with you today if you’re looking to cross folks off your holiday shopping list while supporting small biz. Be sure to *also* checkout my bestie Taylor’s fabulous small shop gift guide; we share a lot of mutual faves, which is GOOD NEWS for anyone already marking their calendar for my 12 Days of Christmas giveaway series, coming soon to an Instagram near you. 😉
Without further adieu, we’ve got 25+ small shops to support! Let’s go!
- The Sis Kiss – One of my personal favorite personalized gift ideas ever are my custom name necklaces from Sis Kiss. (You’ve only seen me wear my Olivia name necklace + dainty Erica necklace ALL THE TIME – ha!)! Two sisters run this small shop and are the sweetest people. Fun fact: I’ve actually known them through Instagram for about 6 or 7 years already!!! Because these are custom orders they DO take a hot sec to make/ship, so plan accordingly + order ASAP to have in time for Christmas. PLUS I have a discount code for y’all: ERICA15 for 15% off!
- Typeleague Press – I’ve shared my personalized face mugs from Typeleague SO MANY TIMES for good reason – and they were the gift of the season last year in our family, since everyone and their mom got one! Olivia’s Mimi, Olivia’s Papa, Olivia’s Nana, Olivia’s Pop…the whole gang. And all a hit! Sara makes other fun mugs, too, if you’re not wanting one with a face on it – I lovelovelove my Savage mug, and she’s got a ton of other sassy options, mugs for Bachelor Nation, Christmas mugs, the works.
- Glow for a Cause – I’ve been buying body butters from this shop for YEARS – they’re one of my favorite body butters of all time. Literally. Specifically the scent WISH – I stock up on it every year!!! They’re all cruelty-free products with non-profit partners that benefit from all proceeds!
- Shop Mia Jae – I’ve got an acrylic first dance sign en route to my house right now from her small shop, and I’m stoked. This is SUCH a cute gift idea that’s affordable too – for $20 you can get any song + photo printed on a chic acrylic sign.
- The Daily Tay – Taylor and I have been Internet friends for years, and her shop has been a SMASH HIT from the start! She’s the queen of graphic tees and funny sweatshirts – I just ordered a Moira Rose tank and I’m VERY EXCITED, BEBE. Drop code ERICA to get 15% off anything in her shop!
- Shop Oventure – This is a MUST HAVE in my book, especially for the mamas in da house! I’ve had my Big O key wring for YEARS and could not live without it, truly. It’s a big O-shaped ring that has a keyring to hold your keys, so that you can be handsfree while going to/from your car, house, etc. A true gamechanger with kiddos especially, since you can just loop your keys to your wrist and not worry about dropping them (or your kid – ha!).
- The Callaway Collection – Mary Hollis’ sweet southern small shop is full of charm – she makes cute little personalized bracelets, etc. I have an “OLIVIA” and “MAMA” bracelet and they’re darling gifts! You can also custom create pieces with Mary Hollis to make the perfect gift. AND she’s got kid options, so if you have a child like my Liv who loveloveloves a good accessory, this small shop is where it’s at! Mary Hollis is having a baby ANY DAY NOW, so fingers crossed for a safe delivery for her little fam!
- Circle and Square Decor – AKA the creator of the big acrylic family calendar in out kitchen! Celeste’s work is truly impeccable. We could not be more obsessed with our calendar, but she does do other styles of calendar and other signs, as well. AND AND AND she donates 10% of proceeds every single month to a good cause (in August they were able to sponsor an entire community in need of fresh water in partnership with Charity water!!!!).
- Artifact STL – Maggie is an INCREDIBLE artist – her embroidery is absolutely flawless. I commissioned our cat memorial pieces for Moose & Pumpkin from her and cried when I opened the box – they’re perfect. And after having a reader ask this, I did ask her to clarify if she does everything by hand herself or machines anything, and she does EVERYTHING 100% by hand!!!
- CV Calligraphy – Taylor’s little sis, Carolyn, just started this fun calligraphy shop! She does cool graphic prints and also STICKERS.
- Little Lemon Candles – Megan’s St. Louis-based candle shop is all hand-poured and all fun; her candles have super clever, colorful labels and scents.
- Smooch by KBD – Super fun chapsticks + lip balms that make great stocking stuffers! I mean, Appletini chapstick? SIGN ME UP, SIS.
- Happy Camper Co. – I got to visit this STL-based small shop when I visited Taylor in July, and it’s SO CUTE in person – literally feels like walking into a big glamper.
- Indy’s Charm candles – I actually went to high school with the girl who launches this biz with her mama! They go so far as dropping off deliveries safely on local folks’ doorsteps – their hearts are huge. They’re all hand-poured soy wax candles that smell FABULOUS; I’ve got a Pumpkin Souffle one in my office right now!
- Shop Allie & Bess – If you’re looking for a CHIC gift for her, get her a stack from Allie & Bess. The founders started as friends in the medical field (one an OT and the other a speech pathologist!) who loveloveloved bracelets – their stacks are bold + colorful, and each has 5 little vinyl beads representing their collective five kiddos.
- Shop Talulah – I loveloveLOVE supporting fellow bloggers in biz, and Madi’s shop is INSANE. I was hesitant to even include it here because it’s a bit addicting to shop from her store. HA. She’s got an INSANELY loyal customer base and does product drops every Tuesday + Thursday evening at 9 pm EST, and entire drops sell out in, like, 4 minutes flat. I kid you not. It’s like the Hunger Games, but all of her stuff is handpicked by her and her mom, INSANELY comfy + versatile, and absurdly affordable. I buy something every single week!
- Vienna Rose Decor – The shop that I got our custom name bookstack from is on a hiatus right now, so sharing this one on Etsy instead! They make the beautiful family stacks that are so popular right now – makes a great gift for a whole fam, or works as a housewarming present, too! If you don’t want names but like the style, you can get any words stacked instead (like “joy, peace, love” etc!)
- Pink Lily Boutique – It almost feels like Pink Lily isn’t even a “small shop” anymore, which is GREAT for them thanks to such loyal shoppers! I remember supporting them YEARS ago when they were actually small, before blowing up on Instagram. Code ERICA15 will get ya 15% off anything + everything!
- Greenmarket Purveying – This is a local-ish candle company to me with really unique, beautiful scents! Their Sparkling Citrus candle is a dupe to the Capri Blue Volcano one that’s burning in every Anthropologie store.
- Sipping Pretty Sheilas – A great, easy stocking stuffer is a cute custom travel cup or tumbler! These aren’t insulated like my fave Amazon cups, but for fast sippers who just want a great personalized detail, they’re awesome!
- Sweetmint Handmade – These clever mugs have been a favorite of mine for YEARS; I think I have 13+ in my house now and have gifted them to COUNTLESS people through the years. Chloe has a design for literally every relation and person in your life, and she’s got the best seasonal mugs, too!
- Olive Row – Whitney’s signs were lovelovelove at first sight for me. She’s got some of the most unique but classic options I’ve seen, and I have quite a few on my wishlist. Stay tuned to see a very THRIVE podcast appropriate sign on my Instagram soon… 😉
- SuperMom Culture – This black-owned business makes the coolest Superdad tee that I gifted J for Father’s Day! Great option for supporting a.) small biz and b.) black-owned small biz with some fun options for Mom & Dad. 🙂
- The Swoon Paper Co. – This girl’s Etsy shop is like a stationery black hole. First I bought “a gift from the gwynn family” tags. Then I bought notepads. Then I bought pen pal stationery for Liv JUST IN CASE my two-year-old needs to write a letter? IDK, I blacked out and bought it all. Too beautiful.
- ABLE – I lovelovelove everything about ABLE. They’re local + global, focusing on employing and empowering at-risk women to helpd end poverty. They have BEAUTIFUL products, all made ethically + intentionally. They invest in, train, and educate women to help break the cycle and create positive opportunities. Lovelovelove. Highly recommend their dainty gold jewelry selection, handmade by women in Nashville!
- My Sister’s Closet Boutique – One of my best friends on planet Earth, Chelsie, helps run the social media for this small shop based in Utah! They’ve got cute, affordable finds that are more on the modest side. Stuff her stocking with cute velvet scrunchies or furry house slippers!
What’s on your wishlist this year? Will you be shopping my small shop gift guide?
Let me know who’s on your list so I can check it twice and find you the best of the best!