Time to drop another GIFT GUIDE on CUR – woohoo! Today’s is especially special, because I’m sharing solely SMALL SHOPS. I’ve always been a big fan of shopping small whenever possible, because I’ve got a big place in my heart for small biz owners and the entrepreneurial spirit. This year has been so hard for so many of us, and a lot of small shops have had to close their doors in these tough times. I know firsthand how hard it can be and how dependent you feel on the support of others to keep your little dream alive – and to keep food on your family’s table – so I’m so stoked to share a small shops gift guide with you today if you’re looking to cross folks off your holiday shopping list while supporting small biz.
Without further adieu, we’ve got 25+ small shops to support! Let’s go!
- Artifact STL – Maggie is an INCREDIBLE artist – her embroidery is absolutely flawless. I commissioned our cat memorial pieces for Moose & Pumpkin from her and cried when I opened the box – they’re perfect. And after having a reader ask this, I did ask her to clarify if she does everything by hand herself or machines anything, and she does EVERYTHING 100% by hand!!!
- ABLE – I lovelovelove everything about ABLE. They’re local + global, focusing on employing and empowering at-risk women to helpd end poverty. They have BEAUTIFUL products, all made ethically + intentionally. They invest in, train, and educate women to help break the cycle and create positive opportunities. Lovelovelove. Highly recommend their dainty gold jewelry selection as a customizable gift, handmade by women in Nashville! They so kindly passed along code ERICA20 for you to get 20% off anything + everything ya want!
- Shop Allie & Bess – If you’re looking for a CHIC gift for her, get her a stack from Allie & Bess. The founders started as friends in the medical field (one an OT and the other a speech pathologist!) who loveloveloved bracelets – their stacks are bold + colorful, and each has 5 little vinyl beads representing their collective five kiddos.
- State of Being Candles – I am SO PROUD of my girlfriend Beth for launching the most incredible candle company! These are ~luxurious~ clean candles designed to affirm your state of being through positive affirmations on every candle. They’re meant to be a powerful integration into your daily routine that neurologically boosts your mood through the power of scent. I have personally smelled every single candle and am gifting these to so many girlfriends this year; my personal favorites are RADIANT and ENOUGH.
- House of Hechart – I stumbled upon this small shop on Instagram after seeing the prettiest acrylic block with the song “How Great Thou Art” inside; it just looked like the prettiest giftable. Sure enough, it’s even prettier in person – and at only $25, it’s such a chic steal!
- Brook Stacks book stacks – They make the beautiful family book stacks – makes a great gift for a whole fam, or works as a housewarming present, too! If you don’t want names but like the style, you can get any words stacked instead (like “joy, peace, love” etc!)
- SuperMom Culture – This black-owned business makes the coolest Superdad tee that I gifted J for Father’s Day last year! Great option for supporting a.) small biz and b.) black-owned small biz with some fun options for Mom & Dad. 🙂
- Happy Stack Shop – These smiley face hats have become popular on Instagram – and they just make me so happy. 🙂
- Glow for a Cause – I’ve been buying body butters from this shop for YEARS – they’re one of my favorite body butters of all time. Literally. Specifically the scent WISH – I stock up on it every year!!! They’re all cruelty-free products with non-profit partners that benefit from all proceeds!
- Typeleague Press – I’ve shared my personalized face mugs from Typeleague SO MANY TIMES for good reason – and they were the gift of the season last year in our family, since everyone and their mom got one! Olivia’s Mimi, Olivia’s Papa, Olivia’s Nana, Olivia’s Pop…the whole gang. And all a hit! Sara makes other fun mugs, too, if you’re not wanting one with a face on it – I lovelovelove this one, and she’s got a ton of other sassy options, mugs for Bachelor Nation, Christmas mugs, the works.
- Circle and Square Decor – AKA the creator of the big acrylic family calendar in out kitchen! Celeste’s work is truly impeccable. We could not be more obsessed with our calendar, but she does do other styles of calendar and other signs, as well. AND AND AND she donates 10% of proceeds every single month to a good cause (in August they were able to sponsor an entire community in need of fresh water in partnership with Charity water!!!!).
- My Sister’s Closet Boutique – One of my best friends, Chelsie, helps run the social media for this small shop based in Utah! They’ve got cute, affordable finds that are more on the modest side. Stuff her stocking with cute velvet scrunchies or a makeup bag set!
- The Sis Kiss – One of my personal favorite personalized gift ideas ever are my custom name necklaces from Sis Kiss. (You’ve only seen me wear my Olivia name necklace + dainty Erica necklace ALL THE TIME – ha!)! Two sisters run this small shop and are the sweetest people. Fun fact: I’ve actually known them through Instagram for about 6 or 7 years already!!! Because these are custom orders they DO take a hot sec to make/ship, so plan accordingly + order ASAP to have in time for Christmas. PLUS I have a discount code for y’all: ERICA15 for 15% off!
- Creative Giftings Co – One of you sweet readers, Jenna, makes the sweetest personalized ornaments! They’re precious and because of their size/shape, they’d be great options as alternative gift tags – just get one with someone’s name and tie it to the top of their gift! Especially since they’re only about 8 bucks, since a great keepsake.
- Tough as a Mother Tribe – Jennifer might be a familiar face (or voice?) if you’re a THRIVE podcast listener! Hear her incredible story + brand beginnings in Episode 67. We collaborated on the THRIVE necklace as part of the THRIVING Collection – it’s 14K gold-filled and such beautiful quality, customizable with a gemstone for an even more personal experience. Get 30% off your necklace with code THRIVE30!
- Shop Oventure – This is a MUST HAVE in my book, especially for the mamas in da house! I’ve had my Big O key wring for YEARS and could not live without it, truly. It’s a big O-shaped ring that has a keyring to hold your keys, so that you can be handsfree while going to/from your car, house, etc. A true gamechanger with kiddos especially, since you can just loop your keys to your wrist and not worry about dropping them (or your kid – ha!).
- The Callaway Collection – Mary Hollis’ sweet southern small shop is full of charm – she makes cute little personalized bracelets, etc. I have an “OLIVIA” and “MAMA” bracelet and they’re darling gifts! You can also custom create pieces with Mary Hollis to make the perfect gift. AND she’s got kid options, so if you have a child like my Liv who loveloveloves a good accessory, this small shop is where it’s at!
- Ford & Wyatt – I’ve loveloveloved this small shop for years and only just recently realized she’s a fellow preemie + NICU mama! I gasped! Her boys (who are the shop’s namesake, Ford and Wyatt), were 28 weekers. This Tiny fighter preemie tee is precious.
- Pamela’s Brownies – THE VERY BEST! No joke, they’re the best brownies we’ve ever tried, ever. And started because a sweet reader/follower, Pamela, reached out to send us her famous brownies before she launched an Etsy shop…and the rest is history. They are SO good and best right out of the FREEZER, in our opinion (“we” and “our” being J + I…we are equally obsessed). Our classic order is with tart dried cherries – order now, thank me later.
- Declan and Crew – I think MOST of my “mama” wear at this point is from Declan and Crew! She’s got the comfiest, coziest, coolest clothes for moms; these “mother” sweatpants are my FAVORITE. They’re not straight up fleece – they’re slightly lighterweight while still being absurdly soft, so they don’t ever get too hot when you’re flying around momming and stuff. 😉 I believe code ERICA15 will score you 15% off your order!
- Anne Neilson Home – This is just a beautiful small shop with the most beautiful prints, cards, and other things for her home inspired by the angels. I picked up her popular 100 Days of Gratitude for a few recipients on my list, as well as her bestselling devotional!
- Artsy Voiceprint – In searching for a unique anniversary gift for J, I wanted to tie in the “traditional” gift for the year – which was wood for year five. I stumbled upon this Etsy listing and thought it would be a great creative gift. You can upload a song from YouTube or any other voice note or voice memo from your phone for an even more personal gift; I made a little recording of playing and singing one of our favorite songs on the piano and had that uploaded onto one of our wedding photos. You can opt for the playable QR code to be right on the piece, too, for the recipient’s easy access anytime (which I recommend!), and J loveloveloved it. It was such a special idea that you can do for your partner, parent, grandparent…literally anyone special to you with whom you share a special song, memory or moment! Would be especially incredible if you’re commemorating someone who has passed and you upload an old saved voicemail, etc. Goosebumps!
- Little Lemon Candles – Megan’s St. Louis-based candle shop is all hand-poured and all fun; her candles have super clever, colorful labels and scents.
- The Swoon Paper Co. – This girl’s Etsy shop is like a stationery black hole. First I bought “a gift from the gwynn family” tags. Then I bought notepads. Then I bought pen pal stationery for Liv JUST IN CASE my two-year-old needs to write a letter? IDK, I blacked out and bought it all. Too beautiful.
- Sweetmint Handmade – These clever mugs have been a favorite of mine for YEARS; I think I have 13+ in my house now and have gifted them to COUNTLESS people through the years. Chloe has a design for literally every relation and person in your life, and she’s got the best seasonal mugs, too!
What’s on your wishlist this year? I hope this small shop gift guide is a helpful resource!
Let me know who’s on your list so I can check it twice and find you the best of the best!