Happy St. Patrick’s Day! Are you feelin’ lucky?? I’ve never been one to go all out for St. Patty’s, mostly because I own literally one thing in bright green…this t-shirt. HA. But I kinda lovelovelove the idea of spreading good luck to one and all, in the spirit of brightening up everyone’s day. Luck ain’t always luck…sometimes it’s a solid combination of hard work, persistence, dedication, and timing. With a lil’ bit o’ good luck sprinkled in on top. 😉 Oftentimes, I think we expect “luck” to be like this magical gift from the universe that just drops by onto certain chosen ones, bestowing the best of the best to some and a crock o’ you-know-what to others. But I’m not sure that’s all there is to it! Especially since so much goes into how things turn out, and since we do have control over certain key factors that lead to certain end results, I think luck can really be what we make of it. And while there always is and always will be elements left up to fate, there are definitely things you can do right now to up the good luck factor in your own life. So, in the spirit of St. Patty’s, here are 17 ways (’cause March 17th 😉 ) to up your good luck!
- Find ways to start your day on a positive note. Whether that means music, meditation, prayer, reading a new chick lit, a quote on your bathroom mirror, or memorizing a CUR Monday Mantra ( 😉 ), the attitude you start your day with significantly impacts the rest of it. Let it color your perspectively positively!
- If you think carrying a certain “good luck charm” works for you, go ahead and do it. (Just don’t let it psyche you out!)
- If you think you ARE a good luck charm, go ahead and be it. For whoever needs one in the moment.
- Clean the house. Really tho! When we go through and reaaaaaally give things a good organizational makeover, it’s surprising what fun things turn up that we had totally forgotten about. It’s your lucky day – go find $20 in your coat pocket or that favorite necklace that fell in your drawer.
- Find or grow your own squad – a group of people who support you no matter what, look out for you, and genuinely have your back (and front, and sides, too). When you can help each other through the daily grind, that can feel like a whole lotta good luck.
- Be more open-minded. When you lessen the expectations going into something, you’re less likely to end up disappointed when the one thing you thought you wanted doesn’t happen. And you’re MORE likely to be pleasantly surprised by the unexpected good that does happen.
- Face yo’ fears. Not doing something out of fear means your future road is blocked of its full potential in some regard. Actively pushing past fear opens you up for more life experiences…and more luck with ’em along the way.
- Don’t dwell on the negative. When you’re constantly stressing and focusing on the bad, your whole mood and vibe shifts to be Debby Downer city. That really does have an effect, and the universe will get right in line with the vibe you’re puttin’ out. The more you sit and sulk, the more unlucky you’ll feel. Up your good luck by upping your outlook.
- Up your own odds. Feeling unlucky in love? Go on more dates. Got rejected by a job? Apply for more jobs. Upping your odds increases your chances of hearing a YES. And YES is a pretty lucky word if ya ask me.
- Take baby steps. Dreams aren’t realized from luck alone. Dreams are the culmination of a whole buncha baby steps taken in the right direction. So start steppin’ to get lucky!
- Be prepared and do the hard work. Preparation and hard work are basically good luck in action. As one Thomas Jefferson famously said, “I am a great believer in luck, and I find the harder I work, the more I have of it.”
- Repeat after me: “I feel lucky today!” Get comfortable saying that out loud. Believe it. Never underestimate the power of positive self-talk. You can up yo’ own good luck by empowering the day – fake it ’til ya make it, girlfriend!
- Ask not, have not. I’ve been loveloveloving this phrase lately. Luck doesn’t just fall down from the sky to hit ya square in the nose, peeps! Lucky people ASK for it. You can put all the good vibes into the universe, but at the end of the day, sometimes ya just gotta make it happen. Ask for what you want. Set up your own good luck.
- Wish others “Good luck!” freely and often. Anytime you know someone is facing a struggle, test, or hardship, don’t hold back in words of blessing and encouragement. When you spread luck, luck has a way of coming back to you, too. Or maybe that’s karma? She doesn’t have to be a b*tch. 😉
- Think of yourself as lucky. As Wayne Dyer said, “So you think, so shall you be.” Your mindset plays a YUUUUGE role in your overall good luck in life. Up your good luck by upping the way you view yourself as a person. Manifest the good stuff – and the good luck stuff!
- Refuse to give up. “Unlucky” people have reached a point where they kinda sorta totally give up, or write themselves off as the “unlucky one.” Lucky people refuse to quit – and there’s ALWAYS an opportunity to get lucky again!
- Cultivate and practice gratitude. When you start to recognize the good things in your life, you may start to feel like you had the luck in you from the start!
How do you up the good luck in your life?
I’d lovelovelove to hear if you have any specific tips or tricks or favorite ways to get the good luck flowin’ – drop ’em in a comment below!