Heyyooooo, girlfiend! How’s it going? I saw one of my favorite bloggers, Katey, share a sortof “on my radar” monthly roundup of all sortsa random stuff, and I totally loveloveloved it. Of course, we do Cool Sh*t I Lovelovelove around these rosy parts (that’s coming tomorrow! Woop!), but that’s more for sharing my ten favorite, tangible things of the month – not as much about catching up together over coffee, which feels long overdue. 😉 And since I got some HELLA cute pink overalls in my Amazon mail recently, have tried new beauty tools, have new things in my online shopping cart, have tried new recipes – figured today’s post is a hodgepodge, to just catch up on it all. 😉
SO. By the time we get through this shindig together, let me know if this is something you like, or don’t, and if you want it to be a more regular/monthly thing here! MK? MK. Let’s do this.
First up, I mentioned it yesterday, but I’m still pinching myself over here so I need to say it again since I still don’t think it’s real. Ha! But. I was nominated for an award, you guys! An Influencer of the Year award, to be exact. UM WHAT. CRAZY SAUCE. But yes, it’s apparently true. I was nominated by a network that I’ve been a part of since maybe I first started CUR, which feels like an eternity ago at this point! And it’s so sentimental + surreal to me. I’ve attended a conference by this same network in the past and heard from some of my blogging idols on a panel, and the next year I spoke on that same panel myself – which was hands down one of the coolest, most humbling moments of my career thus far. So to now be nominated for an Influencer of the Year award, I just can’t even.
BUT. To get to the next round of judging, I need your help! Calling on the CURowd – if you like what you see around these rosy parts and keep coming back for some tidbit of inspiration or a laugh or something helpful for your week (which I hope you do!), would you consider voting for me?
All you need to do is click here, scroll to the bottom, and select my name under “Influencer of the Year.” Then, hit submit. DAS IT.
OK. Moving on, to this absurdly fun spring look with pink overalls (it’s SO affordable) + some fun current happenings…
Long-sleeve striped tee (sold out, but a TON of affordable similar options in yesterday’s blog post on styling it three ways!) // Pink overalls (Only $28.99!!!! I’m obsessed! I sized up to a Medium. Didn’t think I’d lovelovelove pink overalls as much as I do these – SO cute for springtime!) // Dr. Scholl’s (c/o – SO friggin’ comfy – I 100% recommend these if you want/need sneakers that are cute but wearable all day long with support + zero blisters! These are like perfect Disney World shoes – ha!)
Songs on Repeat:
- Here Tonight – Brett Young. I first heard this on last week’s episode of The Bachelor. One of those suuuuper predictable, totally cliche dinner + dancing dates. But y’all, it was good.
- Nobody Does It Better – Michael Calfan. This is a super sneak peek inside my HYPE playlist of top favorite songs ever to get hyped + confident when you need it most. When you want a reminder of how awesome you are, take a listen.
- Future Looks Good – OneRepublic. I listen to this song + look at Liv and just smile. 🙂
- I Want to Break Free – Queen. Queen is just having SUCH A MOMENT, amiright? I mean, they’re classic. So they’re always having a moment. But especially with the success of Bohemian Rhapsody + The Oscars, it must feel HELLA GOOD to have a career that’s just that insanely successful decades later still.
- We’ve had CHATS about this on my Instastories lately. I tried Revlon’s One-Step Hair Volumizer/Dryer and y’all, what a gamechanger. I’ve got a feeling this will be a future monthly favorite. Because it dries your hair faster WHILE styling, with less heat damage, and it makes for a fabulous finished product. Really into it.
- These pretty mules, which I got for under $30 with all of my Nordstrom notes. Used as an incentive to finish a huge part of the top secret project I’ve been working on lately – hit the goal, get the shoes. 😉
- Restock alert: Tula’s acne + tone correcting gel and Instabright sheet masks! My code works on both for 20% off (it’s COMINGUPROSES). The acne gel is fabulous in that it’s not just straight up salycylic acid, so it doesn’t dry you out! It actually has hyaluronic acid in it, so it hydrates while clearing up breakouts (bless). And these sheet masks are like a hydration station facial in each sheet! And with my code, they come down to just over 5 bucks a mask. Waaaaaaay more affordable than an in-spa moisturizing treatment!
- This comfy thermal. Lovelovelove that I can wear it for totally lounging out with sweatpants, or wear it with distressed denim + cute little white sneakers for a casual cute look. (You can get it for $28.90 with ERICA15 at checkout!)
- The cutest lil’ polka dot tank for spring! I’m stoked about this one – it just feels fun + so ready for warmer weather!
- Got the *softest* fleece knit jogger pants from Aerie last week after seeing everyone and their mom rave about them – and for GOOD REASON. Wow. Wow oh wow. So soft. So cozy. So comfy. So necessary. I bought them in natural and in charcoal heather, too – one in size S and one in XS to see which fit I liked better. While both technically fit me fine, I think I like the XS a bit better just since they’re obviously a bit snugger.
- We’ve been #blessed with one of my mom’s girlfriends cooking meals for us when we’re busy with baby things, and for that I’m forever grateful. I mean, how friggin’ sweet?! She whipped up a chicken tortilla soup for us most recently, and it’s GOOD. I have my own chicken tortilla soup recipe, too, that I got from my own girlfriend Taylor, and it’s a go-to meal in both of our households! It’s SO EASY. Wait for it…1 can black beans, 1 can pinto beans, 1 can diced tomatoes, 1 can sweet corn, 1 can of chicken breast (or pulled fresh – I typically use rotisserie chicken here!), 1 can green enchilada sauce, 1 can chicken broth, 1 packet of taco seasoning. DAS IT. Mix all together in a large pot until you’ve got a rolling boil, then let sit for 5-7 minutes. Serve with tortilla chips, cheese, sour cream – whatever floats your Mexican night boat.
- Trader Joe’s Chicken Fried Rice. Another favorite you’ll see pop up this time tomorrow… 😉 But I typically strive to have 2-4 bags of this goodness in my freezer at any given moment. It’s such a yummy, quick lunch!
- Takeout from the Asian Fusion restaurant up the street. Bombdotcom date night at home when we’re with Olivia but wanna feel fancy.
In my shopping cart:
- This pretty pink + multi-color rug is by an insanely popular brand and is 70% off at Nordstrom Rack?!?!
- V into this jumpsuit. I’ve seen so many girls traveling around in it, and it makes for undeniably cute airport style. Worth the splurge?
- Shopbop’s huge sale is happening now! Get 15% off $200+ orders, 20% off $500+, and 25% off $800+ with code GOBIG19 at checkout. In my cart are these sandals, this chambray top, this midi t-shirt dress, and these leopard bad boys in pants AND in shorts justbecause. 😉
- I would bet that these shorts feel like pajamas. They’re in my cart!
- The Bachelor – Who do y’all think is going to win this season??? I’m not totally into it since it feels like all of the girls are younger than me, which just feels weird. Or like they’re all just in it to gain an Instagram following? Ha!
- The Good Doctor – Probably my FAVORITE show right now. So good. So so good. Freddie Murphy is a phenomenal actor, and every episode just pulls you in.
- This is Us – Close behind The Good Doctor is This is Us! SO heartwarming. So good. Such great character development. A tearjerker every week.
- The Passage – This is a new show we got hooked on! It’s about a science-experiment gone wrong, in the hopes of saving civilization – turns out, they’re vampires. Ha!
- Marvelous Mrs. Maisel – Will be discussed more tomorrow. Stay tuned. 😉
What’s been on your radar this month?
P.S. PLEASE VOTE.