This post may contain affiliate links; see site footer for more details.
Five words that make me cringe: I could never wear that.
Sometimes, the speaker of said words is spot on and is so in tune with the ridiculous world of couture and style that they just know to a T what does and doesn’t work on them.
Other times (read: most times), though, I think we sell ourselves short.
There’s a difference between not being able to wear something because it doesn’t fit you properly or flatter your physique, versus not being able to wear something because you think it’s just too trendy, “cool” or hipster for you.
Don’t sell yourself short.
I’ve had too many friends tell me, “Only you could pull that off!” Maybe it’s their way of saying, “Whoa there Erica, that outfit is kinda out there, but A+ for chutzpah?” Maybe it’s because I just got really good at styling random outfits around whatever wasn’t in the laundry pile.
Regardless, Maxi dresses are h-o-t hot-hot-hot this month, and there’s no reason why you can’t find a fitted, flowing, and/or fun one to flatter your own bod.
With that, here’s…
1. #NoShaveNovember is actually a thing for girls. And December, and January, all the way through May. No one notices that leg hair that you still haven’t shaved since days of cold, and that’s A-OK. Natural beauty, right?
2. If you’re like me and have obnoxiously crooked knees that will one day need replacing, no worries – just cover them up entirely.
3. If you’re also like me and have perpetually black n’ blue knees and shins from running into walls, poles, bedposts and stray fire hydrants…still no worries.
4. Everyone looks bootylicious in a fitted maxi. Everyone.
5. Everyone looks skinny in a flowy maxi. That extra stomach pudge is a no-show.
6. They make people stop and stare because you’re just so dang colorful and bright and fun, it’s like a fashionable fairy princess just walked into the room.
7. You can still use the restroom in a jif without worrying about pants – how great, right?
8. No more Marilyn moments on windy days.
9. Maxi dresses mean easy access, but not TOO easy. Gotta keep ‘em guessing.
My fave four maxis:
Now here’s your chance to win big. The gorgeous gals at Flourish Boutique have 50 buckaroos up for grabs to help with your spring&summer shopping. My Flourish find is perfectly pink and lacy and girly for spring, AND it was sent wrapped up in leopard tissue paper (it’s like they just know).
Be sure to share with any friends who likes winning things and/or looking cute. All entries will be verified!
Why do you love your maxi dress? Best places to find them? And what would you buy with $50 to Flourish? Let the comments commence.