This post may contain affiliate links; see site footer for more details.
Happy HUMP! I’m off to the Big Apple this morning for a fun day of meetings, but of course stopping by here first to say hello before hopping into the post. Short n’ sweet intro today…today’s post features what is perhaps my *favorite* spring outfit, along with 10 things I’m practicing as of late.
Diving right in…
MY FAVORITE SPRING OUTFIT DETAILS:
Pearl jean jacket (I’ve gotten so much use outta this jacket already – it’s the PERFECT thing to grab in this weird transitional spring weather, when you want to LOOK + FEEL spring but the weather is saying otherwise! Size DOWN a full size.) // White Bodysuit (Only $8 but runs small – size UP!) // Bow skirt (I am *so impressed* with the quality of this piece – it’s made SO insanely well, and it’s so insanely cheap! Only $14. $14!!!! Seriously, cannot beat it – and it comes in 3 other colors, too!) // Heels (I’ve had these for YEARS and I have in another color, too – the chunky heel and wrap-around straps make them surprisingly comfortable to walk + be in all day long!) // Pearl necklace (c/o)
- Getting up right when the alarm goes off. I used to be SO. STINKIN’. GOOD. at not snoozing *at all*. I blame my mother. 😉 But seriously, I don’t think the woman has snoozed once in her life. So I was stellar back in the day at just hopping outta bed when the alarm went off at 6 – and that was that. Probably helped that we used good ol’ alarm clocks back then and not iPhones at our heads – ha! But somewhere in adulting, I got a bit too comfy with hitting snooze…and then again…and then 45 minutes later I’m up. And I don’t actually feel more rested, nor was I any more productive – I just wasted a lotta time on social media that I’ll never get back.
- Getting blog posts done at LEAST one day before publication day. And I’ve gotta say…I’ve been killin’ it in this department lately. My goal is to get as far ahead on as much is realistically possible, and so far so good – #boomshakalaka.
- Getting up to refill my water bottle when it runs up…and refilling it regularly. Y’all, water must be the bane of my existence. How is it possible for someone to just not drink enough ever?! I used to be able to go literal days without drinking any water, and somehow I’m still standing. Do as I say, not as I do. 😉 But I’m getting better – I’ve got my Tervis next to me right now, so I can sip all day while I work…which is apparently the only way I hydrate like a normal, healthy human. Oy, E.
- Discipline. Something I too often lack. I’ve always been a big list-maker + planner, but I’ve *also* always been more likely to have 52 tabs open with two monitor screens for optimal multi-tasking, than one sole task of the hour (unless I’m on a time crunch, in which case, #werk). Instead of letting my to-to’s in my planner be a loose guideline for what’s gotta get done that day, I’m trying to make it more of an actual schedule for success, with certain tasks NEEDING to happen at certain times. Of course, working from home, this isn’t necessarily always necessary. But when I realized my awareness of that was causing me to lack discipline across the board in other areas of life, as well – no bueno. Discipline in the small stuff leads to discipline in the big stuff.
- Obedience to His word + call. This has been a #journey for quite a few months now. But I’m really feeling pulled in a few specific directions that I NEED to just explore already. Obedience ain’t always easy…but it’s essential.
- Starting the day with His word instead of my word (or the words of others, re: my inbox). Cos if we’re talkin’ about obedience to the word, that involves putting God first and having no idols – and in today’s day + age, Instagram van be one helluvah idol. Not at all saying we “worship” the ‘Gram, but I KNOW I’m not the only chica who struggles with mindlessly scrolling before mindfully praying, amiright? I’m swapping Instagram for the Bible app and forcing myself to not tap to email until I’ve done my devotionals, filled my coffee, grabbed breakfast, and am ~centered~ mentally, emotionally, + literally at my desk.
- Setting myself up for success. Putting clothes away immediately instead of putting them on the floor “for later,” where they inevitably pile up and create clutter. Keeping my water bottle on my desk, where
I see it empty and am that much more inspired to FILL IT GOSHDANGIT.
- Cooking. Specifically, figuring out 5 signature dishes that I can whip up whenever instead of reaching for freezer potstickers or Trader Joe’s chicken fried rice every time once of us doesn’t feel like playing chef. I made a *mean* chicken piquante the other day that will 100% make that cut – if anyone has other recs that aren’t found in Rachel Ray’s 365 meals in 30 minutes or less book, hit a sistah up. 😉
- Piano. I’ve been playing since I was 5, so this is NOT something I ever want to fall to the wayside. It’s something I’ve always loveloveloved and so appreciate as a cathartic break from the world – not to mention, reading music is the best mental break from reading emails. 😉 My goal is to practice enough to get back to my peak and stay there!
- Gratitude. It’s the best attitude.
Shop this Spring Outfit Post:
What’s your favorite spring outfit right now? And what’s something you’re practicing?
Let us all know in a comment down below!
Thanks for reading, friends – hope you’re all having a kickass week.