Happy HUMP, friends! We leave bright n’ early today (like, T-minus an hour) for a lil’ trip to Maryland, then I’m back for a bachelorette weekend for my bestie, then off to the Jersey Shore with my mama, THEN off to another beach with the fam for the 4th ??! Seeing as neither J nor I have packed yet for this Maryland trip, I’d say we’re off to a *great* start. Ha! 😉 In our defense, we’re both reaaaaaally good packers (usually – and especially me 😉 ), and we know exactly what we need, so it should be a quick pack job. SHOULD. We’ll see about this. Pls pray. BUT. Seeing as tomorrow is already the first day of summer (What?! How?! When?! HOW?!?!), I figured it was high time I make a summer bucket list to ensure we do #AllTheThings to be done this season! If I’m not careful, it’s too easy for time to just GO. I get well into the usual work swing and can gogogo with different projects + ideas, but I always want to make sure we’re prioritizing LIFE over work. The big, the small…a bucket list can have it all! So my summer bucket list is a bit *random* – exactly the way I like it. 😉
- Plan a few beach trips! Off to a good start here, since I’ve got 3 already on the books – bring on the beach!
- Tackle a few organizational projects. Specifically, my pajama drawer (check), lipstick collection (check), swimsuit drawer, sweaters, + our storage room (which I’ve started, but is a BEAR). I get SO much joy from organizing, and it really helps us immensely to have everything in its home (as it would, naturally).
- NYC with my mom. Really craving a mother-daughter date in the city, especially since she plays CUR photog, too – a weekend would FLY by together in NYC!
- NYC with J. I’ve got a LIST of cute date night spots + experiences that I want us to share together, so it’s due time for a little bit of a longer stay.
- Go on a work retreat. BIG THINGS ARE HAPPENING, peeps! This girl needs a little work retreat. Not to relax, per say, but to isolate myself in a cave and make it happen. Stay tuned. 😉
- Start barre classes. I have a new gym membership to a Barre3, so I cannot wait to get into the studio to give it a go. I’ve never done barre but always loveloveloved dance, so I’m ready to get my butt whooped!
- Go blueberry picking with my Nana & Pop. We do this every summer (usually July-ish in peak season), and it’s easily one of my favorite things of summer. So many berries, so little time. We just head to a head blueberry farm and fill our buckets until they’re literally overflowing, and then we eat as many as we can and freeze the rest, so we have fresh, bigass blueberries all. year. long. It’s a dream!
- Find + try a new local coffee shop. I easily fall into the trap of just staying cooped up in hour house every single day to work, live, and do everything else. It’s *such* a noticeable difference if/when I get outta the house for a hot sec to grab some coffee and/or just switch up my scenery. So I’d lovelovelove to find somewhere cute + local to call “home” away from home. 🙂
- Hit the farmers market weekly. Because nothing beats fresh summer fruits + veggies!
- Eat lots of watermelon, cucumbers, and peaches.
- Find a few new summer drinks (not even alcoholic). Particularly dying to try this raspberry peach iced tea lemonade!
- Tip extra to make someone’s day. Tell me when tipping extra has ever NOT made your own day better then, too? That’s what I thought. 😉
- Read at least 6 books from my list. Specifically, The 4-Hour Work Week, Into the Water, How to Get Sh*t Done, Present over Perfect, The Willpower Instinct, Divine Time Management
- Go through my PJ drawer, swimsuit drawer, and sweaters. Already tackled the PJ’s (thanks to my mama for coming over to help me make the tough calls…ha!). Onto swimsuits next!
- Have a huge KOP mall trip with my mom and aunt. The King of Prussia mall is one of the biggest in the whole country, and it’s *GOOD*. It’s also hella overwhelming unless you’re on a mission. But sometimes just strolling around is the most fun thing!
- Go to the casino with my Nana. This has been my bucket list forever. She loveloveloves a casino trip, so I’m joining her ASAP and planning on losing all of my monies. HA.
- Enjoy after-dinner walks to the local ice cream shop with J. Hold hands. Go fast for “exercise” and slow justbecause. 🙂
- Have a full-on city date day/night in Philly. Some special highlights: the art museum (to shoot some photos + see a new exhibit), lunch at Reading Terminal Market, shopping on Walnut Street, a good view at the top of the Liberty Place Observation Deck, some science + nostalgia at the Franklin Institute, mass at the Basilica on the Parkway, a stroll through Magic Gardens, + ice cream at Franklin Fountain.
- Watch a summer sunset + catch fireflies in a jar. A summer bucket list must.
- Plan a Saturday of nothing. So much of our summer calendar is already booked solid – it’s almost sad! We’re already looking into August when making plans, and then before ya know it…summer is over. I want us to plan an entire day of no plans – to just do whatever we want.
What’s on your own summer bucket list ?
I hope some of my own bucket list items make it to yours, too – let summer commence!