Happy FriYAY, fri-nally! This morning I hit snooze approximately 7 times against all of my better judgment, solely because the window was open and it was cool + rainy and HOW CAN YOU NOT SLEEP IN WITH THAT?!?!
I can’t wait for this weekend, namely because girlfriend needs a BREAK. But were actually traveling a little bit again – we’ve got a little gala we’re going to tomorrow night with my parents, which should be suuuuuuper fun (girlfriend also loveloveloves fancy dinners + dances, so sign me up!). Today’s cleaning, tomorrow’s partying, and Sunday is a day of rest. #bless
This weekend is also my Nana’s birthday, and since you’ve likely not met yet…my Nana is the greatest lady on the planet. Forrealz. She’s a force to be reckoned with in every sense (she’s even got a machete on top of her fridge “just in case” – ha!). She’s taught me so much through the years, both intentionally + unintentionally, so I wanted to throw together a lil’ something special for her (since she reads CUR religiously – hi, Nana!) in celebration of her big day.
My mom, aunt and I put our heads together to compile the 20 life lessons we’ve learned from Nana through the years. Some simple, some funny, some serious – all so very her. I only wish we had all been hanging out over wine for this one… 😉
- Tell the people you love that you love them. Often.
- Wear lipstick!
- And jewelry. Also always have your nails painted (even if it’s just clear).
- Be the BEST person you can be, to everyone, in all situations, at all times.
- Treat yo’self!! (It runs in the family 😉 ).
- Never turn down a glass of wine. Even if it’s “just a little.”
- Pray. Daily. Often. Both to ask for guidance, strength, +help, and to say thank you.
- Be grateful. Count every small blessing.
- Be committed and loyal to your people.
- Learn how to make good Italian meatballs.
- Hold hands.
- Always carry a tissue justincase. If you don’t have pockets, tuck it up your sleeve!
- Don’t hold a grudge – forgive! If you show forgiveness, you too will be forgiven.
- Bread is a wonderful thing. And if you’re not “bunning” it in your meatball sauce, you’re doing it wrong.
- Hug your people tight and always get one more.
- Show love to all and be sooooo loveloveloved in return! (Aunt Donna’s note: This is why Nana is beloved by ALL).
- Never stop believing in a little bit of luck. (Nana has been faithfully playing the lotto every night for as long as I can remember and never turns down a casino trip – ha!).
- Keep the house tidy. Dust everything. And I mean errrr’thaaaaang. (I’m still working on this one and will be forever. Ha.)
- Always ask questions. No question is too stupid to ask.
- Learn to enjoy the simple things. What is ordinary can really be extraordinary.
Can we talk about my FOCUS?!?! Never has there been a more intense 2-year-old.
Happy Birthday, Nana!
I loveloveLOVE you so very much and am so blessed to be your granddaughter. 🙂
May you have the best year yet – and may we win big when we hit up the casino together to celebrate. WOO!
What life lessons have you learned from your own grandmother through the years?
P.S. ICYMI, My Nana + Pop took over CUR for Valentine’s Day this year, with 56 years worth of love lessons from their 56 years of marriage so far – def worth the read!