Finally time for one of my ~favorite~ gift guides each year: Gifts that Give Back. All of the gift ideas below have some sort of give-back component, where a portion if not all of proceeds go to important causes around the world.
Friendly reminder: You can shop ALL of this year’s Gift Guides by clicking on the SHOP tab in the menu above, then HOLIDAY SHOP, then GIFT GUIDES. Everything is sorted there in one handy dandy place for ya! AND, if you prefer to just shop through items quickly without, you know, words (LOL), the QUICK SHOP page is for you!
- SUPER THANKFUL hoodie – Proceeds support the TSF Military Fund to help military families in need.
- Glow for a Cause body butter in WISH – My all-time favorite body butter ever!! I’ve been re-purchasing this stuff for YEARS now. This is hands down my favorite scent, and it’s just such a fabulous-smelling, fabulous-feeling body butter without any bad stuff in it, either (no parabens, sulfates, etc). The company partners with various non-profits to give back, including PRANA Run – animal protection nonprofit that encourages pet adoptions for companion animals, Cowgirls vs. Cancer – provies retreat scholarships for women with breast cancer to experience healing with horses and yoga in Montana, The Red Sox Foundation – provides tutoring, mentoring, enrichment programs and college scholarships to academically talented but economically disadvantaged students through their Red Sox Scholars Program, + MORE.
- Tatcha Pampering Indulgences kit – I’ve always heard RAVE reviews about Tatcha products – but I’ve also heard they’re pricier and more luxurious. I did NOT know that Tatcha has a huge give-back element to their business, which makes me that much more excited to try the brand! Tatcha partners with Room to Read, and every purchase helps fund days of school for girls in Asia + Africa – they’ve funded 3 million days of school so far!
- 4-things Custom tote bag – Choose 4 of your favorite things or words to go on your (or her) tote! It’s an ESPWA item, meaning it supports expectant moms in rural Haiti through Project Medishare maternity centers.
- Star necklace – Also goes to support ESPWA work in Central Plateau, Haiti.
- Joy ornament – The sale of every gift in the St. Jude shop directly benefits the families + children of St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital who are battling cancer. It all helps fund the hospital and allows for families in need to never receive a bill from St. Jude for treatment, travel, housing or food – which is incredible. (I read somewhere that it takes $2.8 million PER DAY to fund the hospital, so every dollar helps!).
- Cake mix mug – Another from the St. Jude shop!
- S’well bottles – They’re bottles that keep your cold drink cold for up to 24 hours, and hot drinks hot for up to 12! But S’well bottles give back to UNICEF to support clean, safe water, sanitation, and hygeiene practices to vulnerable communities around the world. Statistically speaking, 1 in 4 children will live in areas of extreme water stress. Many women and girls collectively spend about 200 million hours a day gathering water. S’well supports UNICEF’s water programs in Madagascar, where nearly 50% of the population lacks access to clean water; they’ve donated over $1.4 million since 2017. The program so far has helped 500,000 people gain access to safe water, 2.5 million people gain access to basic sanitation, and 340,000 children with hygiene education at school.
- Choose Joy tie-dye pullover – Proceeds benefit the TSF Cancer Fund, which helps ease the financial burden of cancer treatments and recovery on families while fighting cancer.
- Thankful hoodie – Another one for the TSF Military Fund!
- Protect the Animals Mugs – These are handspun mugs that support endangered wildlife; with each mug sold, $5 is donated to the Global Wildlife Conservation, or, for Rhino Mugs, conservation advocates PARCA.
- Bombas socks – Bombas works through a buy one-give one business model; for every pair of socks purchased, they donate a pair to someone in need (they specifically focus on helping the homeless communities within the United States and have over 2,500 Giving Partners in their directory online!). So far, they’ve donated 26,682,097 and counting pairs – there’s a liv counter on their website to track the reach of their impact! I also own Bombas socks and they’re my FAVORITE.
- Good Intentions Necklaces (Joy, Strength, Confidence, Kindness, etc) – Part of proceeds go towards Girls Inc., which is a non-profit that helps girls navigate economic, gender, and social barriers and grow up to be healthy, educated, and independent.
- Don’t Freak it’s Faux fur blanket – For every five large throws sold, one is donated to a child in need. We’ve had ours for YEARS and it’s still just as soft + luxe as the day it arrived – they’re heavy, high quality faux fur blankets that make a truly fabulous gift. (Also a great giftable for your mom, mother-in-law, or grandparent!)
- Love Your Melon beanie – 50% of profits are given to support the company’s nonprofits partners + charitable programs; they’ve raised over $6.2 million for the fight against pediatric cancer and have given over 180,000 hats to kids battling cancer.
- Lush charity pot – 100% of the pricetag goes back to small grassroots organizations that support human rights, animal protection, and environmental justice efforts. Bonus: The lotion has a hydrating cocoa butter base + 7 ingredients sourced from their Sustainable Lush Fund projects that support regenerative agriculture around the world!
- Lorimer Nylon backpack from State – These backpacks fit a laptop + more, can be personalized with your name, text, or other fun symbols, AND they give back! The company, State, is dedicated to giving back to American families in need; they do a whole BUNCH at this point in their efforts, including donating fully-packed backpacks at their signature bag drop rallies full of school supplies for kids.
Do you know of more gifts that give back?
Would lovelovelove to add more to my list – if you’ve got favorites, leave them in a comment below!