Happy MONDAY FUNDAY – how was your Easter? I hope it was full of HOPE for the times to come, especially given what’s going on in the world and what Easter is really all about! Very much in the Easter aesthetic is today’s trend to try: TIE DYE. It feels like the 70’s have exploded in the 20’s and I’ve got a feeling it’s here to stay, because tie dye is EVERYWHERE and it’s hothothot. Literally, flying off the shelves – sizes sell out SO FAST because everyone and their mom wants tie dye in their closet. (I shared one of my personal faves – which I just so happen to be wearing again as I type this – in last month’s Cool Sh*t I Lovelovelove and it was a hit with y’all, too, for good reason! $22 + SO CUTE)
It’s been over a YEAR since the last Trend to Try post which is un-freaking-believable to me…where did time go? So, for the newbies in da hosue (hi! hello!), with any Trend to Try I like to share a few quick tips on how to rock the trend yourself, as well as how to shop it. I’ve found it to be pretty helpful for “trendier” things in particular since trends are oftentimes not notoriously the easiest or most foolproof things to pull off in everyday wear. In this case, I’ll keep that short n’ sweet since I think most of us have a prettttty good grasp on how to wear tie dye (and that’s however the heck we want, because anything goes when it’s tie dyed!). So if you scroll to the end, there are 50+ of the best affordable, in-stock tie dye pieces.
Tie dye thermal (only $18!) // Denim (one of my fave pairs – on SALE for 40% off right now, under $30!!!) // Dr. Scholl’s sneakers (the COMFIEST – my “Disney World shoes”) // Name letter necklace (15% off with code ERICA15)
HOW TO ROCK + SHOP TIE DYE:
- Pick your tie dye poison: spiral? ombre? stripe? sunburst? There are near-endless options for your tie dye twist!
- Avoid a total rainbow of colors to nix the 70’s vibes and keep it more modern. Go for a complementary color twist or like-pairings, like a warm color blend or just shades of blue.
- Size up for a more oversized, slouchy fit – which is what’s trending so heavily now with tie dye loungewear!
- Pair with neutrals. If you’re trying to avoid being the next sunshine child and you’re wearing tie dye out and about, pick otherwise neutral pieces to pair it with!
- Try neutral tie dye if you’re not ready for pastels or bright pops! The sweatshirt right above here is like a light grey/lavender combo that lets you try the trend without blasting color.
- Pick top or bottom – tie dye one, keep the other solid! UNLESS you’re doing a matching loungewear outfit. That’s your one exception. 😉
- Don’t feel like you have to spend an arm and a leg…remember, you can DIY it, too! Shop it affordable or bust. Luckily, my picks below are nearly ALL well under $50, so hopefully you can find a piece you lovelovelove for less!
P.S. Some of the pieces below are from the Pink Lily Boutique – just wanted to make sure you knew that my discount code for you was renewed so that you can save 15% off anything there! Just drop code Erica15 at checkout. 🙂 TREAT YO’SELF.
How are you wearing tie dye this spring?
Have you found any fun tie dye pieces that you’ve been loveloveloving lately?