Fall is just the best for a whole buncha reasons. Better coffee, better candles, better weather…and also, better makeup. 😉 There’s just something about warm tones and golden glows that make everything better amiright??? And even better than all THAT is finding an everyday makeup look for fall that’s actually *affordable* – so, all from the drugstore.
I was going through my makeup bag recently and doing some seasonal swapping when I realized just how dang many products I’ve had on repeat that are totally affordable finds – diamonds in the drugstore aisle rough. Plus, I’ve had quite a few more recent purchases that have ended up being winner winner chicken dinners, ALSO from the drugstore, so I figured why not pile it all together for a go-to everyday makeup look that works all season long.
Bless up. Let’s dig in.
P.S. I linked anything I could find at Walmart there because I’ve noticed some *big* pricing variations across the board – like a palette that I bought for $16 at Target for under 10 bucks at Walmart (I’m guessing because of their pricing policy?). Otherwise, if I couldn’t find it there with NextDay eligibility shipping for you guys (some stuff is online only, so don’t be afraid to shop online + take advantage of their shipping since it’s basically Amazon Prime!), I linked to Ulta or Target or wherever was next best.
Primer: Covergirl TruBlend Face Primer
- I have on the Skin Smoothing variety here! I’m pretty new to testing this product, so TBD on final thoughts!
Foundation: Covergirl TruBlend Matte Made
- Great full coverage option – I can wear this all day long and it stays put. I wear shade L50 although the range is pretty expansive and I can mix/match!
Powder: Maybelline Fit Me Loose Powder
- I picked this up on a whim at Walmart after seeing a few girls rave about it on Instagram, and I was not disappointed. It leaves a beautiful finish and mattifies everything nicely. I will say, I’m typically more on the oily side, whereas my friend Taylor is drier and does not like the formula on herself. So take that into account depending on your skin type!
- Two cult-classic staples here in my makeup bag from Physicians Formula – first being the Butter Blush! Just a great formula, and I lovelovelove this specific shade for fall (I’m wearing Vintage Rouge) since it’s less poppy pink and more of a subtle flush.
Contour: Physicians Formula Butter Bronzer
- THE cult classic from PF! Has been a favorite bronzer of mine for years. Never fails! And also not as severe of a shade as some other bronzers, so it’s especially great if you’re playing around with contouring or just want a lightly bronzed/baked look.
- As seen in Cool Sh*t I Lovelovelove! A true WAM BAM highlight – a little bit goes a looooong way. Definitely tap off excess powder from your brush before touching your face, lest you look like an actual disco ball. I’m wearing the shade I’m so Lit!
- This Almay concealer has been my go-to for YEARS on years. It’s the *only* kind of concealer I put on any blemish or breakout, because it has salicylic acid in it to help *clear* said breakout. My focus is never just concealing – it’s healing! So if I can conceal while actually healing acne spots, I’m here for it. Then, this Covergirl concealer was what I put on my undereye! It’s not as good as Tarte’s Shape Tape (which is my ride or die undereye concealer usually), but it’s a solid drugstore option.
Lid primer: Covergirl Lid Lockup
- A solid drugstore lid primer! An even more affordable option that works JUST as well (if not better) would be this one from Elf. But it’s just a couple of bucks difference, so no big deal either way!
- I picked up this palette on a whim since I didn’t have as many true mattes in my collection (what can I say? I’m a sparkle/shimmer girl to the core – ha!). It’s a GREAT option for fall! The palette is great because it’s under 10 bucks, but you can really achieve a variety of looks with it. Here I used two rustier shades, but there’s also a plummier family. NOTE – perfect example of pricing differences to watch out for! I bought mine at Target for $16, but it’s available at Walmart for under $10!!!
- Not my all-time favorite ink liner (I prefer this one from It Cosmetics!), but it does the trick.
Lash primer: L’Oreal Lash Paradise Primer
- A GREAT lash primer! Both of my favorites are by L’Oreal (the other being this one!). I prime my lashes before mascara ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS!
Mascara: L’Oreal Lash Paradise
- SO many folks RAVE about this mascara!!! I definitely see the hype, especially given that it’s a Best of Beauty award winner. I’m not sure if I think it’s an EXACT dupe to Too Faced’s Better Than Sex mascara like people say, but it’s a SOLID drugstore mascara. Another solid newer mascara is this one from Maybelline that I’ve also been testing + using lately. HIGHLY recommend also! I found this duo of the Voluminous Primer + Lash Paradise Mascara together in one pack for $12, so that’s a good deal if you’re interested!
LIPS + SET:
Lippy: Maybelline Superstay Ink Crayon in “Lead the Way“
- THE drugstore lip crayon I #CantStopWontStop raving about anytime soon. (Also as seen in Cool Sh*t I Lovelovelove!) This is SUCH a pretty nude shade for fall, too. All of Team CUR (aka me, Katie, + my mom – ha!) is hooked. I also own the shades Make it Happen, Treat Yourself, + Hustle in Heels. All day wear without drying you out. Total winner winner chicken dinner.
Setting spray: Physicians Formula Rose All Stay Illuminating Setting Spray
- If you’re looking for a dewy, glowy finish that ALSO sets your face, this is it! I didn’t even realize at first, but this setting spray literally looks illuminated in the bottle with a slight shimmer/sheen to it, so it literally makes you glow in the prettiest, subtlest way. I’m here for it! Almost done with my bottle already because I’ve been using it for a daily glow.
Hope you enjoy this everyday makeup look for fall!
Would you rock it yourself? Have you tried any of these drugstore products already? What are your personal favorite, best drugstore beauty products in creating your own everyday makeup look for any season? If you’ve got a must-have to try that’s not already on my list, LET A SISTAH KNOW!