This post may contain affiliate links; see site footer for more details.
It’s beginning to look a lot like Christmas…which makes sense, since it’s LESS THAN A WEEK AWAY, PEOPLE. LOOK ALIVE. “Looking like Christmas” means Santas at the mall, blow-up reindeer in front yards, lights up outside, Christmas trees inside…and mistletoe. Lotsa lotsa mistletoe. And mistletoe means smoochin’. If you’re lip-lockin’ your sweetheart under the mistletoe, the last thing anyone wants is lipstick – especially the bright red festive kinda lipstick – to get everywhere and his mom. A good kiss proof lipstick is the key – so here are my top 10 favorite kiss proof lipsticks. 😉
TOP 10 KISS PROOF LIPSTICKS
- Maybelline Vivid Matte Liquid Lip (“Rebel Red“) – This has more warm undertones, so it really is a bright, fire engine red. It applies wet, and the top layer does wear a bit naturally, but the strong pigment sticks around for a kiss proof finish.
- Julep Matte Lip Mousse (“say hello“) – This is a classic neutral shade for the holidays. “Mousse” is truly the perfect way to describe the formula; it feels soft + almost fluffy upon application, but dries matte. Definitely a kiss proof lipstick!
- MAC Lipstick (“Ruby Woo“) – If y’all haven’t added Ruby Woo to your arsenal yet after I’ve just about talked your ear off about it for basically ever, I have failed you as a blogger. 😉 Y’ALL. Ruby Woo is the QUEEEEEEN of kiss proof lipstick. She is also the absolute perfect red lippy. Ruby Woo has blue-undertones, which I lovelovelove since it makes your smile look whiter. And this baby doesn’t budge!
- LipSense (“Lexie Berry“) – Now I’m not the biggest LipSense fan after talking to my bestie with a science background – I’m skeptical of how good-for-you LipSense products actually are, because the chemical composition (from someone with a chemistry background) is no bueno. BUT. That being said, I do have a few, and there’s no denying their staying power. They don’t swatch well on arms, but they last for hours on lips.
- Smashbox Always On Liquid Lipstick (“Bawse“) – This is reaaaaaaally close up there with Ruby Woo. I wore this on InstaStories the other day and had quite a few of ya message me asking What’s on your lips?!? It was this bad boy right here. The Smashbox formula is soooooo so good. It’s not drying at all, and this shade in particular is also blue-toned (yay white teeth!). And if it means anything, mah girl Jaclyn Hill raves about Smashbox liquid lipsticks in her latest video calling them totally underrated, so THERE’S THAT. 😉
- Urban Decay Vice Liquid Lipstick (“Rapid” or “Trap Queen“) – Rapid is another one up there with Bawse + Ruby Woo. It’s also blue-toned (can we sense my theme? HA), with a not-too-drying formula. Trap Queen has gold sparkles in it for a more festive look. I have a whole HANDFUL of these Vice Liquid Lips cos I lovelovelove ’em that much. They’re super pigmented and stay all day without getting crusty-looking. Also side note, my intern Crystal texted me literally this morning raving about Trap Queen – and how it lasted through mac n’ cheese pizza. So, the formula speaks for itself. And also now I need mac n’ cheese pizza. 😉
- Laura Geller Luscious Lips Lipstick (“Fuschia Fever“) – Another great formula from another underrated brand. Dries almost instantly – good for when ya need to be kiss proof in a flash. 😉 And I think pink is a fun, different shade to try for the holidays – a fun, punchy hue can’t be beat!
- MAC Retro Matte Liquid Lipcolor (“Topped with Brandy“) – This formula is kiss proof, yo. It does. not. budge. I have a few shades, too, and they’re definitely strong pigment, as well. The only thing with these formulas to be aware of is that you cannot overapply. Layering too much on will definitely get ya all crusty (ew) with the dreaded “butthole lips”. But this shade in particular is noted as being a “deep dirty rose” (LOL), so I think it’s a reaaaaally pretty, different sorta “neutral” that’s a bit more in the holiday spirit.
- Physicians Formula Healthy Lip (“Fiery Red Red-icals“) – I talked about this new launch from Physicians Formula here! The Healthy Lip formula is PF’s debut into liquid lipsticks, and it does not disappoint. Fiery Red Red-icals is a perfect true red shade, really perfect for any upcoming Christmas parties (or heck, Christmas Day itself). AND, you can pick it up at the drugstore quick while last-minute Christmas shopping! It’s formulated with avocado oil, vitamins A & E, hyaluronic acid, + anti-aging peptides, so it’s a liquid lipstick that is truly hydrating and not just sucking the living breath outta yo’ face. 😉 Comes in a whole TON of shades (13, to be exact).
- RealHer Lip Plumping Lip Gloss (“I am a Fighter“) – Alright alright…this one’s not totally kiss proof. I mean, it IS a lip gloss. BUT, it’s so beautifully pigmented for a lip gloss, I couldn’t not share! AND, I do think the pigment has staying power. So even once the glossy top wears off, you’ve still got some color underneath. Actually, come to think of it, I wish I would’ve thought of this one when shooting this post – L’Oreal’s Infallible Pro-Matte Glosses are even better. Like, way better. So if ya need a better option, do these glosses instead. 😉 The pigment on these lasts waaaaaay after any glossier top
All this to say, of COURSE all of the above kiss proof lipsticks ain’t just for smoochin’! I for one lovelovelove (+ need) a good kiss proof lipstick for just life – the key being that it stays in place, doesn’t budge or smudge, withstands coffee breaks + snack time, and won’t end up all over my teeth right before I talk (story of my life). So all of the above ARE kiss proof lipstick options, but they’re *also* just good options for lippies with staying power to make it through the day, holiday or any other Tuesday.
What’s your favorite kiss proof lipsticks?
Are you more of a liquid lip or lipstick kinda gal? What’re your faves? Let me know in a comment down below!
And ICYMI – 12 Days of Giveaways are happening on my Instagram right about now!! DO NOT MISS THIS, YO. Seriously, it’s that good! Giving away everything from skincare to bags, to huge Ulta hauls + cold hard cash. Make sure you’re following @ericaligenza and find the giveaway images – you can enter through 12/22!
Happy Tuesday to all and to all a good night.