Is anyone else sitting here in shock that Memorial Day Weekend is this weekend?! I mean, excuse me as I pick my jaw up from the floor and pack my bags for a lil’ weekend getaway! MDW is always a little sentimental since it marks the beginning of summer. Everything from big sales to bigger fireworks will be on everyone’s radar as we celebrate ‘Murica and remember all of the brave men + women who have made the biggest sacrifice of all for the sake of our country and our freedom. But I’ve always loveloveloved the holiday for its true meaning + purpose of remembrance, and a good long weekend away is sometimes just the thing to help us step back, reset, + remember what really matters in life.
Today I’m partnering with my friends at Olay to share a few long weekend must-haves, whether you’re hitting the beach or a big city to officially kickoff summer vacay season. I could toss this collection of goodies into any weekender bag and call it a long weekend at any point – they’re no fail and multi-purposed for whatever the long weekend has in store. Time to start making your list + checking it twice…
- Easy cosmetics bag. I’ve been using this little personalized one from Stoney Clover Lane since it stands up easily and perfectly holds my “short trip” supply of makeup + easy toiletries. Included in my mix: travel-size MAC Fix+ for prepping, priming, + finishing my face, Secret Freshies for keeping sweat at bay in an always-fresh way, IT Cosmetics CC+ Cream as my good-for-you makeup, and Laneige’s Glowy Balm for a sweet, shiny glossed look that lasts for hours.
- Patriotic swimmy. Mine was a Target find a few seasons back, but any red-white-and-blue will do!
- Olay Regenerist Whips with SPF 25. I know, I know…will I ever stop talking about Whips? #CantStopWontStop. Y’all, it’s just THAT. GOOD. YO. Whips is a long weekend essential…and every weekend essentially, really. Every weekend, every day, you name it, you whip it. 😉 First off, Whips has SPF 25 – and we all know that SPF is non-negotiable to start your day. Especially important when you’ve got sunshine on the agenda! Beyond that, Whips is a good-for-you formula that does the exact opposite of many other sunscreens on the market; it WON’T leave ya greasy, won’t clog your pores, won’t feel heavy or smell like that sunscreen smell. In fact – it does all the opposites, in the best sense. Olay has a really unique proprietary formula in Whips that works to actually absord oils on your skin throughout the day for a dewy, NOT greasy finish (it’s actually more matte than anything!). On the topic of pore-clogging, it does the opposite in that Whips is formulated with an Amino-Petide Complex II that works to regenerate surface cells. This means it helps your pores clear out faster, since your skin is on a constant cycle of regeneration helping you be as bright + glowy as possible. Re: heaviness, Whips is what it says – it’s whippy. The formula feels whipped, which is as it implies – LIGHT. Whips is weightless, baby! And in terms of smell, I’m actually *obsessed* with the smell of mine and wish it came in a full-body butter. Ha! BUT, that being said, if you prefer unscented products, the exact same product does come in a fragrance-free tub, as well. As if all of that isn’t enough, Olay Regenerist Whips with SPF 25 ALSO reduces the appearance of fine lines + wrinkles through AND hydrates to improve elasticity and firmness in your face. Truly a drugstore product unlike any other! (Fun fact: it also does double duty as a makeup primer, as seen here! So if you’re trying to pack lightly for your long weekend ahead, breathe easier here girlfriend!).
- Snacks on snacks on snacks. Obvi a quintessential element of any long weekend anything. 😉 I try to supplement my Sour Patch + Welch’s cravings with something healthier from Trader Joe’s – in this case, my fave coconut sesame seed clusters. Pack car snacks that won’t leave ya feeling gross if you get delayed and eat the whole pack! So, smaller sizes of anything sweeter or sugary, and the bigger bag when it comes to “healthier” options. 😉
- Swig stemless travel wine mug. A recent Amazon buy that stands the test of time…travel. Ha! For sipping in style on the go and having your own recognizable cup for refilling, with zero risk of breakage in your bag. It comes in multiple colors, so everyone on your trip can have his/her own color!
- Dr. Scholl’s sneakers. Only the 32nd time I’ve raved about these bad boys, too. They stood the Disney test (ie, running around Disney World for DAYS without blisters, sore feet, or pain), so they’re winners for any activities your long weekend may bring.
- Comfy sweat set. Especially a comfy sweat set that can be dually worn out in public AND to sleep. In a long carride or on a flight, and also to lounge around in your room for some nighttime relaxation or a lazy morning. Always a long weekend must!
- Amazon sunnies. less than $13 Amazon Prime designer lookalikes for $420 Gucci sunnies. I’m a big fan of saving instead of splurging on sunnies, since they always end up lost or sat on in the end. Ha! When you can get the look for less here, do it.
What are your long weekend plans for Memorial Day?
And have you picked up Olay Regenerist Whips yet??? If not, I don’t know what the heck you’re waiting for at this point – go TREAT YO’SELF. 🙂
*Thanks to Olay, a brand I lovelovelove, for sponsoring this post. As always, all opinions + thoughts presented are entirely my own. Thank YOU for supporting the brands that support Coming Up Roses!