Today I’m 26. WOO! To celebrate past birthdays on the blog, I’ve shared fun facts about me (twice), I’ve answered Vogue’s 73 questions, I’ve noted goals and life lessons and everything in between. But this birthday feels different.
This birthday IS different.
Maybe it’s because we’re in the middle of what feels like the apocalypse (casual).
Maybe it’s because I’m now officially closer to 30 than 20.
Or maybe it’s because I’ll be spending it at home on the couch with my husband and toddler (and maybe/hopefully a homemade margarita or two) instead of at a cute new restaurant in town or partying it up with friends + family.
I mean, at least I pulled the trigger on a TREAT YO’SELF to celebrate…who knows when they’ll show up on my doorstep, BUT STILL. 😉
Birthdays during global pandemics are weird.
In the spirit of everything coming up roses (get it? 😉 ), I want to look on the bright, rosier side of life right about now and call out some little rainbows amidst the rainstorm that is life right now. So, to celebrate 26 years on this planet, here are 26 things I’m grateful for right now.
26 Things I’m Grateful for Today:
- Olivia Grace. Specifically, her sweet-but-sassy personality and the cheeky little grin she gives us whenever she’s about to get into something. It’s almost like she’s trying NOT to smile, so it’s the cutest smirk that inevitably turns into a fully baby giggle when we egg her on more – HA.
- Having a partner that’s always willing to do the dirty work to get to a better place, whether that’s the dishes in the sink or tough conversations to grow as a team. (Lookin’ at you, J – lovelovelove you the most).
- Ice cream cake for breakfast today.
- An early spring.
- That we have a house stocked with toilet paper, hand sanitizer, and Home Chef meals. (Which I HIGHLY recommend if you’re worried about/low on groceries – it’s fully-prepped fresh ingredients with their recipes shipped right to your doorstep for the most DELISH meals that you pick out. We’re obsessed!!! They gave me code ERICAL80 to share with you since we lovelovelove it so much, so you can get $20 off of each of your first four meals to try!)
- Extra family time with J and Liv all together since J is working from home now, too!
- Hope in so much hardship because of a good, good God. (Here and here are a bunch of Bible verses to help your through moments of anxiety and/or stress!)
- Fun times on TikTok. Animal videos and funny skits that make me LOL and momentarily forget the sh*tstorm ensuing outside. It’s the little things, y’all. Also follow me there @ericaligenza. 😉
- Red wine. Praise be.
- The Raspberry Chocolate Lava K-Cups we have right now. Praise be to Gloria Jean for concocting such a deliciously caffeinated treat. Speaking of caffeinated…
- The support + lovelovelove you’ve shown to my book baby so far. I mean, y’all – you’ve blown me away! SO many of you have already pre-ordered your copies of Caffeinate Your Soul – to think that this thing that was just a ridiculously long Google Doc a few years back will be sitting on your desks or coffee tables in a few months is EXHILERATING to me. (Thankyousomuch).
- The local grocery store’s restock of bread, milk, eggs, + meat riiiiiiiiight before I got there, bless up.
- This silver jumpsuit that makes me feel like a red-carpet-ready, 21st century Disco Diva. Also that it’s on sale right now.
- FaceTime. Seriously, what did we do without it?
- My sweet girlfriends who always go out of their way to check in + hang out, even be it for virtual Happy Hour. 😉 Hollah at Taylor, Chelsie, Katie, Molly, Amber, Nicole, Sam, Bailey, Katerina, Melanie, Christina, Kallie, Laurelle – and anyone + everyone I’m forgetting to mention at present.
- Getting our Disney trip in riiiiiiight before the world fell apart. It was enough magic for a lifetime, so we’re clinging ont those magical memories anytime we get cabin fever right about now.
- Having the ability + privilege of working from home all of the time, and doing it with my kickass team (hi Katie ILYSM).
- Dry Shampoo. Praise be. (Here are my favorites for brunettes!)
- A clean, organized house. One good thing to come from quarantine. 😉
- Our daily walks around the neighborhood + to the park with the OG. It’s both of our favorite thing in the day, and what we look forward to most! (On hold right now at the par, but culdesac strolls + fresh air work wonders for curing cabin fever – ha!)
- My mini trampoline to make at-home workouts the most fun.
- Chips + queso.
- Seeing the outpouring of kindness, generosity, + lovelovelove on social media as everything unfolds. Folks are giving away their classes or services for free, workout classes are being taught on video calls (or rooftops), neighbors are getting groceries delivered to their elderly counterparts – it’s truly hope-inspiring in such a tough time.
- My UGG slipper dupes from Amazon that are keepin’ my piggies COZY AF during this time of need. (Blogged ’em here last week!)
- That, at least for the time being, my family is happy + healthy. Of course, who the heck knows how this thing will pan out – but we’re taking each day as it comes, not panicking, staying vigilant, and counting all blessings.
- YOU ALL. For being here. For following along. For reading + commenting + sharing your thoughts and hearts with me right back. Lovelovelove you.
Thanks for celebrating 26 with me!
What are you grateful for today?