This is a wee bit, um, different than most other posts on CUR – but anyone who follows along on Instastories has likely seen some TJ’s talk at one point or another. Trader Joe’s is hands down my favorite grocery store. I lovelovelove how easy the store is to navigate, how many fun choices there are, how there are healthier options and how a lot is more cost effective than traditional groceries! (Which I didn’t expect). Trader Joe’s is also right next to my yoga studio, so it’s an easy errand right after a class – and also works out because I’m usually in the mood for healthier buys post-workout than, say, #AllTheChocolate. Usually. 😉
I have my staples that are *constantly* on hand in our house, and for good reason. And then I have my non-Trader Joe’s-exclusive buys that I’ll pick up if we’re in need and I’m around. So the list below is categorized accordingly: Trader Joe’s essentials + staples first, followed by some more “generic” purchases that aren’t necessarily unique to TJ’s in any way/shape/form, but still great to grab!
The plus: You don’t need a Trader Joe’s near you to shop! Yes, some stuff is only available in store, but there is *quite* a bit listed from TJ’s on Amazon here. I linked a few of my non-perishable favorites below as I could find ’em, too!
Also disclaimer: This post is NOT sponsored in the slightest – although I wish it were so TJ’S IF YOU’RE LISTENING, I LOVE YOU. It’s just been requested after posting a few “hauls” on Instastories etc, and I’m always interested in what folks pick up there themselves since there’s *always* something new to find on TJ shelves!
MY TRADER JOES SHOPPING LIST
- Dark chocolate pretzel thins – The most DELISH sweet treat! They’re your traditional pretzel things dunked in a thin layer of dark chocolate. Super indulgent without all of the unhealthiness that dark-chocolate-pretzels might typically bring. The perfect combo of sweet n’ salty!
- Artichoke jalapeno dip – SUCH a yummy, different dip. If you’re a fan of spicy, this one’s for you – it’s not TOO spicy, but it’s got a little tang!
- Reduced Guilt Spinach & Kale Greek Yogurt dip – For the spinch dip lover with half the fat. Trader Joe’s “Reduced Guilt” products are some of my faves, namely because they’re exactly what they say they are – reduced guilt! They’re your favorite comfort foods in as healthy a form as possible.
- Sweet potato tortilla chips – A great alternative to a white corn tortilla chip. TJ’s also has blue corn tortilla chips with flaxseed + quinoa, which is another great alternative!
- Roasted Tomatillo & Mango salsa – This is a YUMMY salsa…and it’s only $2.99 a jar!!! I was shocked upon seeing this, since I’m used to seeing salsas at upwards of 5 bucks a jar. Trader Joe’s salsas in general are out of this world. The corn one is also so yummy, and there’s a sweeter option too (with pineapples/mangos, I believe) that’s good when you’re in the mood!
- Mini dark chocolate peanut butter cups – Mark my words – the very best peanut butter cups on the planet. SERIOUSLY, YO. These are no joke! But be warned: you will become addicted. My addiction started simply with the 99 cent 6-packs in the big bins right before checkout and escalated to the giant TUBS in the candy aisles that are strategically placed above other healthier food options. LOL TJ’S I SEE YOU.
- $6.99 blueberries – TJ’s blueberries are usually reaaaaaally well-priced; I often seen them for $6.99 for a HUGE tub. Blueberries are my favorite fruit evahhhh, but oftentimes they’re just so dang expensive (especially in off-season).
- Fruit bars (“This mango walks into a bar, this apple walks into a bar, etc”) – A great snack for on-the-go! They come in a BUNCHA fruit varieties. We’ve got apple in our house right now!
- Peonies/flowers – They’re just THE BEST. So stinkin’ cheap!! Like, $6 for a dozen roses??? #AddToCart
- Sourdough loaf (white, not wheat) – Trader Joe’s sourdough bread is a *staple* in the Gwynn house. I mean, sourdough is hands down my favorite bread ever. I could eat it for every meal, with anything on it. It’s sliced *perfectly* where it’s juuuuuust the right thickness for perfect toasting.
- Reduced guilt mac n’ cheese – A freezer staple! I mean, who wouldn’t want “healthy” mac n’ cheese?!?! I always have one or two boxes stashed in my freezer for days when I just can’t, and/or when I need to eat my feelings for lunch. Ya feel? 😉
- Greek Feta dressing – If you’re a feta fan like me, this dressing is for you! It’s a light, yummy salad dressing that would also double as a dip for veggies. Obviously pairs perfectly with a Greek salad!
- Chicken fried rice – We ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS have a bag o’ this on tap. Speaking of, I just made some last night! Also comes in a veggie-only version, for my vegetarians in da house. I lovelovelove this stuff and probably eat it way too much. It’s just so dang easy to fry up in a wok with a little bit o’ olive oil – YUM. I use a Chile Olive Oil that I picked up in Phoenix and OH MAN, is it bombdotcom.
- Mediterranean hummus – Trader Joe’s assortment of hummuses, dips, + cheeses is truly impressive. Their hummus is one of my all-time favorites; I love making healthy little lunch wraps or open-faced “sandwiches” with a thin tortilla or pita, this hummus, + sliced cucumber!
- $0.99 pasta – Pasta isn’t that expensive anywhere really, but it’s all 99 cents + easy to pick up here!
- Sour Cream & Onion Corn Puffs – Beware: these are addicting. The healthier cousin to sour cream & onion potato chips. OY.
- Ready-to-bake Herb pizza dough – This stuff is another freezer staple! (Can you tell our freezer is entirely Trader Joe’s? ha!)
- Everything but the Bagel Seasoning – A total do-it-all kinda seasoning. Lovelovelove!
Other things I’ll pick up generically as needed…
- Traditional Marinara Sauce/Pizza Sauce
- Fat-free milk
- Light string cheese
- Any cheese, really – their selection is ASTOUNDING
- Orange Juice
- Sparkling spring water – I drink sparkling water like it’s going out of style
- Fruits/veggies – depends on pricing in different seasons; sometimes prices are good, sometimes they’re pricier justbecause
- Desserts – If you’re entertaining and/or need to bring something to a party, TJ’s has quite a few ready-to-go cheesecakes, pies, etc – their berry one is SO GOOD.
Also, Purrcy TOTALLY approves of Trader Joe’s runs: 😉
So there ya have it!
What’s on your Trader Joes shopping list?
Anything not on my list that SHOULD be there? I’m allllll for learning new finds to scoop up on my next run, so pleasepleaseplease let a sistah know if you’ve found something tryworthy!
P.S. Make sure you’ve entered to win $500 to Nordstrom – imagine THAT shopping spree. *endless heart eyes*
Thanks for being here, friends. Happy Tuesday!