One of the very first reader requests for any Nordstrom Anniversary Sale coverage was one of my very favorites: a guide for work-from-home clothes, with comfy-but-cute looks for Zoom meetings, etc. I mean, talk about brilliance – and something so very necessary for a time such as this! The NSALE is officially open for any/all Early Access shoppers at this point, meaning anyone with a Nordstrom card. So if you’re up to bat and ready to shop ’til ya drop for some new classics and work staples, LET’S GOOOO.
I was impressed with the office-appropriate options in this year’s sale – and really, you don’t need all that many pieces to create a super functional, practical, comfortable work wardrobe. ESPECIALLY if you’re working from home, really, it’s the top half that counts. 😉
The look I’m wearing here will likely be on repeat in all sorts of variations this fall, because each pieces is really versatile. The striped tee is an obvious staple and layering dream, and these satin joggers were one of my biggest happy surprises of the sale and an unexpected win. Each NSALE I try to pick up a striped long-sleeve tee since I end up LIVING in them come fall, and wearing so many ways. This was this year’s version, and it’s a hit! While it’s a bit more of a snugging-fitting style than previous years, it’s a much higher quality material for the same price point. I can tell I’ll have it in my closet for years to come!
Then these JOGGERS. Yup, they’re satin. Nope, I didn’t expect to lovelovelove ’em as much as I do! I tried on the olive green, too, but they felt a bit too holiday-ready for me. The black instantly felt classy and dressy, but especially since they’re styled with sneakers and a t-shirt online – they go both ways! They’re a FABULOUSLY versatile piece that I really didn’t expect to be so. Dress them down like that, or pair with pumps and a chic bodysuit for a sexier night out look – or pair with a blazer and loafers for the office!
Literally wear SO MANY WAYS for so many reasons, while feeling like you’re wearing pajama pants, for under $30. A steal!!!
For shoes, I’m wearing Dr. Scholl’s from the NSALE – which is no surprise here seeing how much I sing Dr. Scholl’s praises. I mean, a doctor who loves shoes…my dream man. HA. (KIDDING, lovelovelove you, J). This is a great shoe for in the office OR at home, since they’re comfortable enough for running around and being on your feet. They’ve got a cushion detail in the back to help fight blisters or rubbing, too! Comes in multiple colors/prints, including my snakeskin and leopard.
I intentionally did not overbuy pieces I just didn’t need from this year’s NSALE, but I DID go through every single page to make sure I pulled the best of the best for YOU. So here are 10 office-appropriate pieces – especially if your office is your kitchen island or dining room table for the time being. 😉
- J. Crew stretch blazer – This is a pricier pick on the list, but worthwhile. Any blazer with stretch is automatically comfier (I mean, duh), so it gives a reaaaally polished look without the same structured feel as a more restrictive, business professional blazer. This will also last you YEARS.
- Ponte pants – I picked up a pair of Halogen ponte pants in last year’s Nordstrom Anniversary Sale, and they’re truly PERFECT for work. Personally, I like mine a bit better than this year’s, since mine have a seam down the front; it makes them look a tad bit dressier/non-legging-like for the office, in my opinion. BUT, it is a thicker material than your regular ol’ black leggings, so they’re still okay for work – and if you’re working from home, they’re DEFINITELY okay. Literally feels like wearing leggings to work, which is obviously the greatest.
- Cropped ponte pants – Same brand, different ponte pant. 😉 These are COOL. The crop is classic but trendy, the colors are beautiful – I’d 100% snag a pair myself if it weren’t for the fact that I just don’t need another pair for my own weekly workwear wardrobe!
- Pretty tops – Lots of easy, pretty tops that go both ways in versatility, from casual wear to workwear. A simple tee can effortlessly look more chic if you do your hair + makeup lightly, so don’t be afraid to wear a t-shirt to your next Zoom call like I’m sporting here. 😉
- Dr. Scholl’s loafers – As noted above. A GREAT work shoe, especially if you’re on your feet all day!
- Barefoot Dreams cardigan – Really, a must for EVERYONE, and a must from the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale. 😉 But especially in an office setting with A/C running, they’re a must for over your desk chair! In case of a chill, it’s a true life saver. I keep one of mine on my own desk chair in my home office and end up throwing it on at least once a day!
- Eliza J dress – I haven’t seen a single other soul mention this dress in the sale, which makes me sad – it’s SO PRETTY. The thing is, Eliza J dresses are sooooo well-made, such high quality, and really last for YEARS. They’re just so classic – reminds me of something the Duchess of Cambridge or Audrey Hepburn would wear. They’re classic, but also colorful, fun, and feminine – I’ve worn many an Eliza J for different holidays and events, and they’re always a hit.
- “Print sleeveless” top – This one is fabulous for both now AND later; wear it by itself now while it’s still warm and it just looks like a pretty, classy sleeveless top, or wear as a shell underneath your favorite blazer when it gets colder or you need a more professional look. Under $30, and lots of pretty prints + colors!
- Satin joggers – THE jogger!!! For work specifically, wear exactly like I’m wearing here – a simple tee and loafers – or try with a bodysuit + blazer, or a pretty top front-tucked.
For more Nordstrom Anniversary Sale coverage…
- My TRY-ON HAUL of Hits AND Misses from my Nordstrom Anniversary Sale purchases
- NSALE Best of Beauty 2020
- Top 10 Overall Deals + Top 10 Deals by Category!
Are you shopping the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale Early Access today??
What’s still on your wishlist? I’ll keep an eye out for restocks and will be sharing on Instastories today + this week!